The first bin filled

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Pallet Pete

Today I finished fixing my plumbing inside while outside it was 50F and had a little frustration to get rid of so...........................

Pete

Attachments

• IMG_0074.jpg
    IMG_0074.jpg
    143 KB · Views: 308
Nice work Pete. It was 8 degrees in the backyard here this morning. Hey, how come that rack ain't painted pertty?

Gasifier said:
Nice work Pete. It was 8 degrees in the backyard here this morning. Hey, how come that rack ain't painted pertty?

I made them when it was snow covered and cold outside lol. When we use these I am gonna replace them with painted ones that will hopefully last forever! ( well at least 5 to 6 years or more anyway )

Pete

Ya, what an afternoon it was. I came very close to getting the bike outdoors and going for a ride. Instead, I took the atv.

It was absalutly beautiful out I kept looking out the basement window going dangit I bet everyone except me is cutting today :lol: I got my satisfaction though as I broke out the ryobi splitter and split a bunch of wood.

Pete

Pallet Pete said:
Today I finished fixing my plumbing inside while outside it was 50F and had a little frustration to get rid of so...........................

Pete

Looks great Pete, we hit minus 6 last night so the Sugar Maple was throwing some nice heat. What type of wood and how much does one Pallet Shed hold?

zap

zapny said:
Pallet Pete said:

Pete

Looks great Pete, we hit minus 6 last night so the Sugar Maple was throwing some nice heat. What type of wood and how much does one Pallet Shed hold?

zap

Thanks Zap

That bin is a mix of silver maple, ash and some other little stuff from small cuts. Usually I seperate but this year I have so much variety I didn't bother. The bins hold roughy 1 full cord and will get some tarps over the tops of the wood. We will have probably in the range of 6 bins by the end of summer plus our wood shed that holds 2.5 full cords.

Pete

Status
Not open for further replies.