The Fruits of My Labor Put to Good Use

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

quads

Minister of Fire
Nov 19, 2005
Central Sands, Wisconsin
Summertime burning.
IMG_0250%20(800x600).jpg

AH... another person adding to global warming.... %-P Looks cozy there Quads. Lots of sparks. Hope its not that dreaded pine. Dont inhale. Wish we could enjoy an outside fire right now but fire bans have now been posted. NO OUTDOOR FIRES.
Been very dry. So enjoy some of that for me. Thanks for the pics. Gives me an idea what it looks like when it gets dark out again.
Cheers

Thanks!

Ha! I wish we had a little more global warming. It's been so cold here the last several years, gets colder every year. I'd puncture a few more cans of freon, but I'm all out. ;-)

Nope, not pine. I only burn my best seasoned oak from the same stack that I am using for the house. Takes just as much cutting, splitting, hauling, and stacking to process pine as oak so I don't bother with it. Especially since there is so much dead oak laying all over the place, way more oak here than pine. I have one customer that comes every summer and asks for pine for his campsite, and I cut up a little for him but he has to pay the same price as the oak I sell.

Status
Not open for further replies.