The funniest CL listing ever?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

richg

Minister of Fire
Nov 20, 2005
Gang,

Take a look at this clown. He wants $500.00 for that pile of junk, and all you have to do is add a "running motor". I might tell him that if he pays me $200.00, I'll haul it to the junkyard for him.

http://newhaven.craigslist.org/grd/2039333255.html

Kind of sad. That was probably someone's pride and joy at some point. Maybe they meant 50 bucks?

Someone could really have some fun with that guy if they were evil . . . tell him it's an antique and actually worth quite a bit more.

I think the guy is delusional myself . . . about the only thing that scrap of metal looks good for is just that . . . scrap metal.

Rough crowd. If the pump and cylinder really do work, what's the worst thing that happens if you pay scrap steel price for it? He was obviously smoking something down by the river when he came up with that price.

Buyer beware!

OLDER HOME MADE UNIT MOTOR WAS 4CYL BUT HAS NOT RAN IN YEARS PUMP AND CYLINDER STILL GOOD JUST ADD RUNNING MOTOR AND NEW TIRES.THIS THING WAS BUILT RUGGED PROBALY COULD USE TO SPLIT ROCKS LOOKING TO MOVE QUICK

Attachments

• 3k63p93of5T25W25X1ab2fbb84a7692ce17e1.jpg
    3k63p93of5T25W25X1ab2fbb84a7692ce17e1.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 430
  • 3n93p33o35O15Q05X0ab224f43ce868a310a0.jpg
    3n93p33o35O15Q05X0ab224f43ce868a310a0.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 456
Lets see, 1k for brand new or 500 for this...... hmmmmmm tough decesion. BWAH HA HA HA HA. The worst part is someone will probably buy it.

500 pennies maybe.

I would have a couple of questions for him:

-if the unit has (obviously) not been used in years, how does he know the pump and cylinder are still good?

-does the unit come with the vines that are growing all over it?

...and stupid me went out and bought a brand new 22 ton for a $1000 this week. I missed the boat on this deal.He forgot to mention that its ALL ONE COLOR.........RUST! :shut: That is one ,big, paperweight.

As has a thread 'Craigs List Laughs' dedicated just to this sort of stuff. It is 80 pages long I think.. Post it there also, it's one of the best....

CL is almost a waste of time now. All the prices are way out of wack.

I think he just missed the decimal point... $5.00

what a steal.

gzecc said:
CL is almost a waste of time now. All the prices are way out of wack.

I have to say I've never had much luck with Craigslist sales . . . seems like every time I post something for sale I get the dreamers and tire kickers and crazy question folks . . . on the other hand I have had good luck posting ads with the Maine "shopper" Uncle Henrys.

Status
Not open for further replies.