The Good Thing About Freezing Rain...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

quads

Minister of Fire
Nov 19, 2005
Central Sands, Wisconsin
...is that it stops the snow from drifting. Unfortunately, this part of the trail had already drifted before it started raining. Stuck!
IMG_5074.jpg

IMG_5068.jpg

IMG_5077.jpg

IMG_5078.jpg

IMG_5092.jpg

IMG_5099.jpg

IMG_5100.jpg

Snoopy has a little trouble with the crust on the snow.

Did you get it unstuck or will it stay there 'til the spring thaw? :)

I got it unstuck, twice in the same spot! It was 6°F this morning, so if I go out there today, it should float right over the top without leaving so much as a tire track.

quads said:
I got it unstuck, twice in the same spot! It was 6°F this morning, so if I go out there today, it should float right over the top without leaving so much as a tire track.

Quads great pictures, Santa didn't bring you chains for the tires.

zap

Great pics, quads !!

I can emphasize with Snoopy, Murphy is having the same issues :)

Doing The Dixie Eyed Hustle said:
Great pics, quads !!

I can emphasize with Snoopy, Murphy is having the same issues :)

You got a bunch of snow out on the Island right? My boss is out in Manorville, said he got 30"!

Manorville is the next town over... yep 30 " before the drifts !!!!

We're with in 1/2 mile of the NWS measuring site.

What a mess!
Don't worry, it should all be melted by June. :lol:

30"!? You guys can keep that! Yuck.

LOL !!!

It's melting now, the ground is frozen so it's a wunnerful winter mess.

Atleast Murph can go outside and not have to bound through a snow drift !!

Flatbedford said:
What a mess!
Don't worry, it should all be melted by June. :lol:

It was gone in a few days. I was visiting family on long island. I got there weds night, was a winter wonderland (More snow than we had in the Syracuse area) and by the time we were leaving sunday morning, I could see the grass again. Now, in Central NY, that much snow may last till June.

It is rare for there to be snow on the ground all winter down our way.

I've seen it snow here the first few days of May before, but not beyond that. Normal years we have snow all winter long, but not always.

Status
Not open for further replies.