The Haul Tonight

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
I ran back in the woods then picked up these rounds that I cut from last year ( Sugar Maple) the load really tested the trailer which had some squat to the tires.

I still have about three rounds along with some split Sugar Maple from this year then I'm on the side hill after the Beech!(2789)

GIBIR

Attachments

• 100_3022.jpg
    100_3022.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 303
  • 100_3023.jpg
    100_3023.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 323
  • 100_3024.jpg
    100_3024.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 310
  • 100_3025.jpg
    100_3025.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 307
  • 100_2789.jpg
    100_2789.jpg
    144.3 KB · Views: 298
nice zap. Your property looks great! With all the moisture this winter and spring it must feel like Ireland over there. I always like your "wheres waldo" deer pics too

Starting to really Green-up!

I don't know how you are doing it Zap; I buried my lawnmower in the middle of the lawn tonight.

Trundle said:
nice zap. Your property looks great! With all the moisture this winter and spring it must feel like Ireland over there. I always like your "wheres waldo" deer pics too

Put a gun in your hand and you never see the deer but start the stihl up and go on a downed sugar maple and they sit and watch you.

Thanks for the compliment on the property, working on fixing up the area above the brook so we can cook and setup the screen house. Cleaning up some blow down pine and cherry then the DR CHIPPER 10 hp. will take care of the smaller stuff.

Just changed the oil in the chipper Sunday so I'll be starting in the next couple of days depending on the weather.

Thanks
Zap

Were those rounds sitting on end like that since last year? I always left rounds laying on their sides. I figured that they would soak up more water and rot faster on end, but I have no idea weather this is actually true...

Nice Photos Zap. How did those rounds look after laying there for a year? I am always afraid it's gonna rot when left like that.

zapny said:
Trundle said:

Put a gun in your hand and you never see the deer but start the stihl up and go on a downed sugar maple and they sit and watch you.

Thanks for the compliment on the property, working on fixing up the area above the brook so we can cook and setup the screen house. Cleaning up some blow down pine and cherry then the DR CHIPPER 10 hp. will take care of the smaller stuff.

Just changed the oil in the chipper Sunday so I'll be starting in the next couple of days depending on the weather.

Thanks
Zap

Video's of this would be cool?

smokinjay said:
zapny said:
Trundle said:

Thanks
Zap

Smokin are you talking about the chipper?

Zap

Woody Stover said:
Were those rounds sitting on end like that since last year? I always left rounds laying on their sides. I figured that they would soak up more water and rot faster on end, but I have no idea weather this is actually true...

Wood Stover, they have been sitting on end since last spring ( dumb on my part) so this weekend I hope on splitting again and will find out what shape they are in.

Zap

zapny said:
smokinjay said:
zapny said:
Trundle said:

Thanks
Zap

Smokin are you talking about the chipper?

Zap

Yes this is something I would Love to have. I am on there mailing list just cant afford it.

certified106 said:
Nice Photos Zap. How did those rounds look after laying there for a year? I am always afraid it's gonna rot when left like that.

certified106, they looked fine but once I split them we will find out for sure. I have to take care of what I cut and split b 4 moving on, I don't have any excuses other than it is just dumb on my part when you bust your arse on bucking it up then leave it there for a year.

Zap

wood spliter said:
Zap, the place looks great all greened up! I have been working so much I haven't been on the computer. as always nice pictures

wood spliter, it's good that your busy but just make sure this fall if you're coming up you get in touch with me.

Zap

How are the girls doing, are they dunking the basketball yet? :coolsmile:

smokinjay said:
zapny said:
smokinjay said:
zapny said:
Trundle said:

Thanks
Zap

Smokin I'll have something up before Sunday.

Zap

zapny said:
smokinjay said:
zapny said:
smokinjay said:
zapny said:
Trundle" date="1306296423 said:

Thanks
Zap

Smokin I'll have something up before Sunday.

Zap

Sounds cool, and cant wait for the milling and building threads start popping up!

Status
Not open for further replies.