The move starts this week!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
We will be moving in more wood Monday night which will leave this area (pic 1673 to the right of the arrows) on the east side empty (holds just over 3 cord) plan on taking just over 3 cord from the south side and stack in that area so it gets more sun. Looks like we will might be dipping into next years cherry until this cold weather breaks.

Zap

Attachments

• 100_2059.jpg
    100_2059.jpg
    196.5 KB · Views: 329
  • 100_1673.jpg
    100_1673.jpg
    364.7 KB · Views: 344
wood spliter said:
The cold weather! I'm burning also. I was on the soccer field Saturday morning and it was 29. I'm ready for summer.

End of March and we are burning beech with some cherry, dropping down to single digits tonight so we are ready for warmer weather for sure.

Zap

My God! That is where all the wood has gone!

Zap, can we get a full view shot of your stacks? they are mighty impressive. How many cords do you have in total?

Remkel said:

Sav made me do it! :zip: Have about 17 cord with three cord that needs s/s. Looking for about 24-25 by winter, plenty down back in the woods.

Zap

zapny said:
Remkel said:

Sav made me do it! :zip: Have about 17 cord with three cord that needs s/s. Looking for about 24-25 by winter, plenty down back in the woods.

Zap

Damn that's alot of wood! Your Liberty doesn't use that much wood per season, does it?

Is that green grass I see in the pictures.
Lucky you. You had some warm days to have that happen. :zip:

Good job on the wood cutting. Your woods are allot cleaner too.
Gonna try to sell "prime 2 year seasoned wood" in a few years?
Gonna work yourself out of a job if you don't.

Again; Good job! Looks great too. :)

zapny said:
Remkel said:

Zap

Damn that's some nice wood stacks! Are you talking 17 cords or face cords (roughly 4+ cords)? You'll never beat Sav as he has 17 cords of just kindling lol..

Ray

raybonz said:
zapny said:
Remkel said:

Zap

Damn that's some nice wood stacks! Are you talking 17 cords or face cords (roughly 4+ cords)? You'll never beat Sav as he has 17 cords of just kindling lol..

Ray

raybonz, that is 17 cord. Looks like we will burn over 4 cord this year. I have about 11-12 full size Cherry trees that are down that need attention.

Zap

bogydave said:
Is that green grass I see in the pictures.
Lucky you. You had some warm days to have that happen. :zip:

Good job on the wood cutting. Your woods are allot cleaner too.
Gonna try to sell "prime 2 year seasoned wood" in a few years?
Gonna work yourself out of a job if you don't.

Again; Good job! Looks great too. :)

bogydave I think the picture with green grass is from last fall. On the selling I'm not sure yet but always a option.

zap

zapny said:
raybonz said:
zapny said:
Remkel said:

Zap

Ray

raybonz, that is 17 cord. Looks like we will burn over 4 cord this year. I have about 11-12 full size Cherry trees that are down that need attention.

Zap

Sweet!! Wondering are you retired Zap as you seem to have lots of time to play outdoors? You have a great place to live there!

Ray

VERY NICE!!! I need to get to work. These photos are inspirational! I am now out of wood after last night. I made it pretty far for my first season...

Zap is just so full of energy!

raybonz said:
zapny said:
raybonz said:
zapny said:
Remkel said:

Just a weekend warrior and real soon a couple hours each night. One more year of working in the woods semi hard which should get us to that 24-25 cords. More time spent in the boat this year.

Zap

FireAnt said:
VERY NICE!!! I need to get to work. These photos are inspirational! I am now out of wood after last night. I made it pretty far for my first season...

FireAnt, we will start dipping into next years wood this week but thats okay that oil trucks last trip up the driveway was Jan. 2009. Looking forward for that warmer weather.

Zap

Backwoods Savage said:
Zap is just so full of energy!

Sav, just been getting lazy lately in the recliner and on the computer so it will feel good to get back working on the firewood. Another job coming up is making a new area for stacking.

Zap

Mt Ski Bum said:
zapny said:
Remkel said:

Zap

Damn that's alot of wood! Your Liberty doesn't use that much wood per season, does it?

Looking at four cord this year, it's in the basement so we burn more.

Zap

Status
Not open for further replies.