The New Guy

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NFreiermuth

Greetings to all:

Nice forum, glad to be a part of it.
There is more information here than one can digest at once. Its nice to see others are looking for alternative sources of heat besides paying the Utilities. I recently retired my Hearthstone II. We used it primarily on Coal, God do I miss that. My new wood fires in the Hampton are amazingly beautiful to watch. Especially with the secondary air burn. The Hearthstone using wood was mediocre at best compared to the Hampton, But burning Coal in her, now that's another story. Couldn't part with the beauty of soapstone, She's now in the corner of our Foyer with a tiffany lamp on top. It's a very interesting conversation piece, not to mention you can't slide it while lacing up your boots on it!!!

Again,
Glad, to be a new member.

Welcome Shop-Dog :) .

I’m new here also, I find the members here are very informative and a great group of fellow wood burners.

Those old hearthstone I II and III were beautifull stoves, expecially in the brown when they were quarrying the brown soapstone. Of course the newer models are substantially different in looks and technology. Hampton makes beautifull equipment. There brown enamel is my favriot finish. You have most your wood ready for the season?

MSG,

Yes, I have 8 cord seasoned and covered for almost two years. Last year, I only burned just over 4 cords to heat the house from Late October thru mid-April. I still can't believe how efficient the new EPA II Stoves are. I'm thinking I made a wise decision. The Brown Hampton is my Favorite also. BTW, I went to Hearthstone in Vermont in 1985 with my Dad to pick-up our stove. They quarried the brownstone right in the same town. It heated our home for almost 20 years on mostly Pea-coal. It is still a beautiful stove, that's why I couldn't part with it. I was tossing around either the Hearthstone Clydesdale or the Hampton. The Brown enamel and the nice door is what sold me on the Hampton.

Welcome to the pound there shop-dog . Sounds like your on the right track with your stove and wood pile ..........
She’s now in the corner of our Foyer with a tiffany lamp on top. It’s a very interesting conversation piece, not to mention you can’t slide it while lacing up your boots on it!!!
That got me rolling . Cheers .
Greg123 I’m new here also, I find the members here are very informative and a great group of fellow wood burners.
Welcome to you too Greg if i didnt happen to say so already .

Mike Wilson said:
Welcome my friends to the show that never ends
We're so glad you could attend, come inside, come inside

Rest assured you'll get your money's worth
The greatest show in Heaven, Hell or Earth

-- Mike

(With help from EL&P)
Hey , as soon as i started reading that i heard the music .......... "but dont fall in love" ..............

Welcome aboard and I concure the Hamptons look great.
and also an Emerson Lake and Palmer fan
But don't play with me because you are playing with Fire
Roiling stones

Status
Not open for further replies.