the pile is growing..pics

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

steeltowninwv

Minister of Fire
Nov 16, 2010
west virginia
been cutting splitting hauling on my 2 days off heres the pile that is growing...gotta start stacking one day soon...still got a cord or so cut and split still in the woods ..just needs hauled out
2012-01-25140759.gif

I love when the pile grows and grows and grows.....then one day you go out back to stack it and say, WHEN DID IT GET THAT BIG? Looking good!

Thats alot of wood in that pile. Its even taller than those houses. :lol:

Sort of looks like the mound I had going in the fall. I managed to scrounge around 5 cords in the massive pile. I've been picking at it to back fill some of the rows I've used up in my sunny area. Still have 2 cords left to stack. I can appreciate your effort as I am doing the same.

thanks stejus...since september ive been able to cut myself enuf to get ahead at least three years..i have 2 years stacked at my house then this in the farmers field beside my house..and some still in the woods...and many many trees to come down yet..its not all good though..i pretty much cut for me the farmer and an 86 year old lady that lives close by...so pretty much 3 years worth at the minimum every year...im 2 years ahead and the farmer and 86 year old lady is one year ahead..the farmer hauls the wood with his tractor..and helps split the tough wood with his hydraulic splitter i cant split with maul.

Sounds like an ideal setup and good for you for helping out those 2.

I've been cutting splitting and stacking. Alas the single stack collapsed overnight. On side of hill, went for 6'. Was going to stack against it but never got the chance. Going 2 rows at a time next, and go lower. I hate stacking.

Nice work Steel - always a good feeling to see the wood get to where it belongs - enjoy the stacking! Cheers!

Nice work. Great looking fire wood. You've been busy.
You are a good neighbor !
Got everyone ahead with fire wood & still going :)
That's a great picture with the tip of the bar just showing
Nice pile of BTUs.

Good job there Steel......Kudos to you for taken care of the neighbors.

Good job it is nice of you to do that for your neighbors.

Status
Not open for further replies.