The Push is on!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
Woke up in the a.m. with it snowing some so it was time to get the wood out and stacked, here are two pictures from the woods while I was hauling wood out.

zap

Attachments

• 100_1775.jpg
    100_1775.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 436
  • 100_1777.jpg
    100_1777.jpg
    154.1 KB · Views: 433
Such a beautiful picture, that forest looks very mature. Where about are you from Zap?

mrfjsf said:
Such a beautiful picture, that forest looks very mature. Where about are you from Zap?

mrfjsf, I'm in Northern NY in the town of Colton, it is a mature forest. I'm the first one cutting up top in about 30 years so there is still plenty of work.

We have plenty of sugar maple up top with cherry,beech,ash and ironwood that we use for heating. We still have some good size white pine but with every wind storm one seems to go.

zap

I love it man, totally jealous. Most all the woods around here have been logged out years ago so they are very thick with undergrowth, nothing open like what have in that picture.

That one on the left is another of your stunning postcard quality pics Zap. What camera are you using?

SolarAndWood said:
That one on the left is another of your stunning postcard quality pics Zap. What camera are you using?

Thanks Solar, Z980 Kodak Digital Camera.

zap

zap,
We had a small amount fall last night before we headed back to CT.

Attachments

• firstsnow.jpg
    firstsnow.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 293
Skier76 said:
zap,
We had a small amount fall last night before we headed back to CT.

Skier76 my wife was in Placid on Friday night and Saturday morning and they were getting it pretty good.

zap

Got a dusting of snow yesterday morning . . . a few towns over had 1-2 inches though . . . it's coming!!!

Temps are staying cooler and night. I know a few ski areas are getting the snow guns ready....

Skier76 said:
Temps are staying cooler and night. I know a few ski areas are getting the snow guns ready....

Yep, tonight the temp is supposed to be around 27. Looks like some of that dead standing maple I cut will go in tonight for the overnight burn.

zap

Status
Not open for further replies.