The Right-Wrong-Way Connection

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

johnn

Dec 8, 2008
so.Ill
Hi, All! Still after reading many threads,,back to page 7, and having never installed double wall, my question is?
Does the inner pipe lap one way while the outer pipe laps the opposite? Or, in another form of question,,,on the same end of any given double wall Class A pipe, is the inner pipe "Male", while the outer pipe is "Female"?

HT pipe should have a flow direction on it. The male section points upwards, but the female section actually laps inside and outside of the male section.

There's an arrow on mine. You must be referring to regular interior double wall connector pipe. Class A is a different animal and is the shiny SS chimney stuff in the attic.

Thanks guys!
I`ll be using a flex liner inside my masonry chimney,just couldn`t stand not knowing!

Status
Not open for further replies.