The "roof" I made under my deck and some scrounge

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BillsWS

Feeling the Heat
Dec 20, 2011
U.P. Michigan
Under my deck is a perfect location for stacking my wood due to how close it is to the door where the stove is. However, after finding the wood I stacked under there last winter all soggy this spring, I decided I would have to build a "roof" under my deck to take care of the problem.

DSCN0640.jpg

DSCN0642.jpg

This summer we helped frinds tear down an old garage. There was a nice pile of old lumber iinside that was heading for the landfill so I bought over my cut off saw and cut the boards to length. This fall I split them all up, this is the pile that had paint, varnish or hardware on them that we will use in the firepit next summer.

DSCN0645.jpg

Great job recycling......one of my favorite hobbies!

Roof looks great, and is functional for a great purpose. How much wood do you figure you can keep under there?

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
Good spot to keep a dry stash. Well done.
You know, 2 more walls & you've got yourself a woodshed. Just sayin'...

Thanks Boom Stick. Scotty Overkill, I could get maybe 3 - 3 1/2 (face) cords. First year part time burner so I will see how this quantity works out. Midwestcoast and donnest, Hmmmm. Never thought of going up past the window. I would know spring was near when I could see out over the wood again. I plan to make a box to mount up above on the right side to hold my kindling.

Great use of real estate!

Ray

Good idea. I store some wood under my deck also. How soon can you install a roof under my deck?

Bill, I think that was a great idea.

+1 I agree Dennis a great way to utilize existing real estate!

Ray

Looks great. I have a similar set up with a raised deck. Thanks for the idea. I think I'll price it out and consider doing something similar next summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.