the super splitting axe = to the new x25?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mroverkill

Feeling the Heat
Aug 10, 2010
Northern nj
overkillauto.com
so i see that they have the x series axes out now and was thinking of getting the x27

is the x25 just the SS axe just renamed or is it actually a differnt design

thanks

The x25 and x27 have the same head, and it is completely different than the old SSA. The new head has a longer cutting edge, and the "cheeks" that force the wood apart don't flare out as much.

Just tried out the X27 I got in the mail yesterday from Amazon.com.. Wow is all I can say. I have only used a hatchet for splitting my kindling for my fireplace. Just got my log-splitter (Beast).. But had I tried this whole Fiskars or Maul thing. I may have saved myself a lot of money.

DexterDay said:
Just tried out the X27 I got in the mail yesterday from Amazon.com.. Wow is all I can say. I have only used a hatchet for splitting my kindling for my fireplace. Just got my log-splitter (Beast).. But had I tried this whole Fiskars or Maul thing. I may have saved myself a lot of money.

that is a huge statement Dexter...

I have one in the mail and some monster rounds waiting on its arrival.

I spent almost $1200 on the log splitter. I can honestly say that I NEVER would have thought that Wood could "Bust" up so easy using the Fiskars. The log splitter is easy. Don't get me wrong. But if I could have taken that money from the log splitter and put it elsewhere. I would have bought another Fiskars and Built a Wood Shed. Either way. I have both, and wiIl always use the Fiskars some. Keep me in shape and keep me young. Live and Learn. . . . Still glad I got the splitter though. Still want a lazy day here and there.

I have read this several times but somehow the way you say it it got my attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.