the ugly shed

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ecocavalier02

Minister of Fire
Dec 12, 2008
ct
Well im finally really getting cleaned up. heres the ugly shed. i finally finished building this thing. built all out of scraps. i want to put a little rough over it to keep the rain from goin in. i got some rubber roofing. so im gonna make a something

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 814
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 780
Its not ugly..its for his uglies..great idea eco

hmmm - how are you gonna get the wood out of there when its time to burn?

Got Wood said:

+1 MmmmHmmm.

Ooo..Ooo..Gotz and idea. Ya know how the old wagons had the back tail gate (which was wood) - slide into place? If you want it removed, just lift? You could do that on the front and as the pile decreases, just take out one more 6" board. Repeat. Its a great solution, now get busy. %-P

Got Wood said:
I have a removable pallet on the backside n and most of the time I'm just pulling wood out rite from there to go into the stove. Mostly in the shoulder season.

Nice.

I made a smaller version that fit into the stack that I stacked around. I left extra space at the bottom open so I can pull from the bottom as I add more to the top each time I split.

The other poster is right, thats not ugly, you want top see ugly, wait til I post a pic of my shed when its done

I like it, too. Any idea how much it holds? About a half cord or so?

Stegman said:
I like it, too. Any idea how much it holds? About a half cord or so?

Actually those longs sides appear longer than I thought. That's probably close to a cord, huh?

Looks like you are getting that place cleaned up Bobby.

Well it's just under 8 feet the. It's 5 feet the other way and about 4 feet high. Maybe just about 3 quarters of a cord.

ecocavalier02 said:
Well it's just under 8 feet the. It's 5 feet the other way and about 4 feet high. Maybe just about 3 quarters of a cord.

Wouldnt that be more than a cord 4x4x8 = 1 cord
your shed is 4x5x8
or are you subtracting for it being unstacked?

I want to buy some wood off you eco, Im just up the road from on the CT line ;-)

Nice looking shed there.I need to do something like that for my growing pile of odds & sods.

weatherguy said:
ecocavalier02 said:

Wouldnt that be more than a cord 4x4x8 = 1 cord
your shed is 4x5x8
or are you subtracting for it being unstacked?

I want to buy some wood off you eco, Im just up the road from on the CT line ;-)
yeah I figured it's just tossed in ther so prob Around there. yeah I'm gonna sell maybe a few cord here and there. I'm def done selling it fir this year.

Got Wood said:

i thought it would dispense out the bottom....but not in deep snow.

great thing to have for cuts and uglies...i burn EVERYTHING. i built a corral just for bark i've got so much of it from the logging yard. great kindling and nice for a quick fire to take the chill off on an early fall morning. IF IT EVER COOLS OFF !!!!!

OT

onetracker said:
Got Wood said:

i thought it would dispense out the bottom....but not in deep snow.

great thing to have for cuts and uglies...i burn EVERYTHING. i built a corral just for bark i've got so much of it from the logging yard. great kindling and nice for a quick fire to take the chill off on an early fall morning. IF IT EVER COOLS OFF !!!!!

OT
no kidding thus weather blows here to. Muggy and rainy. And just sitting here now a tree fell and knocked power out. So much Rain saturating the roots knocking them over.

Full of wood cannot be "Ugly" but a fancy woodshed that is empty can be.
Look great to me.

Place look neat, kept & used.
Good job Bobby.

Looks nice and neat, although I kinda like my HH more.

heres the upper view from all the mess ive gotten cleaned up. you can see the mud pit i created but having a "wood business" lol the goal is next year to get all my stumps removed and then bring in 15 yards of top soil and seed everything back there and take a few months off of cutting wood this spring and summer to let the grass grow. also will plant grass where the garden was. im not gardening anymore. i found out i hate doing that lol. also this is the tree that just fell and knocked power out for a few hours.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 178
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 172
Backwoods Savage said:
Looks like you are getting that place cleaned up Bobby.
yes. it feels like a big relief. i hate a mess. and there was no way to keep the mess down by the amount of wood i had in the back yard. specially when it was all piled up. but now its getting there.

Did that tree fall from your property eco?

weatherguy said:
Did that tree fall from your property eco?
no it was down behind me.

Status
Not open for further replies.