Thermostat for an englander 25 pdvc

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HEMI

Feeling the Heat
Hearth Supporter
Aug 17, 2009
connecticut
Does anyone have this on their stove and if so...is it easy to install, how exactly does it control the heat output and is it really worth it?

i have one on my stove, put it in last winter, its very easy to connect to the stove (just remove the jumper clip and insert the 2 wires in its place) the stove willl run on a stat in a "high/low" manner, yu would chose the heat range you wish the stove to run at when the stat is calling for heat, the stove will run at that setting until the temp is achieved on the stat, the stove then drops to low and runs just like you turned the heat range down to 1. if you currently only run the stove on heat range 1 anyway , no need to put in a stat, but if you run any higher its worth doing. i kick myself regularly for not doing it sooner with my stove

stoveguy2esw said:
i have one on my stove, put it in last winter, its very easy to connect to the stove (just remove the jumper clip and insert the 2 wires in its place) the stove willl run on a stat in a "high/low" manner, yu would chose the heat range you wish the stove to run at when the stat is calling for heat, the stove will run at that setting until the temp is achieved on the stat, the stove then drops to low and runs just like you turned the heat range down to 1. if you currently only run the stove on heat range 1 anyway , no need to put in a stat, but if you run any higher its worth doing. i kick myself regularly for not doing it sooner with my stove
thanks mike, good info. I never go higher then setting 2 so i guess im ok with out.

Status
Not open for further replies.