thermostat

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rhino

Oct 19, 2008
indiana
I have a Squier fireplace insert. The fan quit coming on automatically so I replaced the thermostat and it didn't help. The fan will only work if turned on manually. If I move the switch to the automatic position the fan stops. Can anyone tell me what is wrong and how to fix it? Thanks

Usually this is a case of a failed snap switch. I'm not familiar with the Squire, but if it uses a disc shaped switch on the stove body that is in series with the blower, that is the likely suspect. You'll need to be sure that the replacement is the correct amperage, and has the correct temperature range and on point.

Thank you very much. I had thought of the switch but I thought if the fan was working the switch was fine. That is what I get for doing my own thinking. Thanks again.

rhino said:
...That is what I get for doing my own thinking.

I hear ya. When my wife's out of town, I don't even try to think. %-P Rick

When the switch is in the manual position, the snap disc is bypassed. In the automatic position it is part of the circuit. The good news is that this is a cheap fix. Just be sure to get the right replacement part and you should be fine.

You probably know this, but unplug the unit while you are working on it. This is line voltage.

Status
Not open for further replies.