these pellets?????

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mtalea

Feeling the Heat
Dec 14, 2005
Bristol, Connecticut
Hello all,Energex has a pellet called phoenix switch grass pellets by energex.anyone know anything about them..or have you used them......what are the specs?

any info welcome

thanks

I've used a few bags-they give off good heat, just a little more ash but I don't mind that. I like the fact that they are another type of bio-fuel and that they are growing switchgrass now to be made into pellets.

Pelletuser1111 said:
I've used a few bags-they give off good heat, just a little more ash but I don't mind that. I like the fact that they are another type of bio-fuel and that they are growing switchgrass now to be made into pellets.

Pelletuser, I'm curious....what did you pay for them? Where did you find them for sale?

I work for Energex (you should know) and back this summer when we manufactured them, I grabbed a few bags. I'm hoping we can make more next year, as we had a really good response from users.

EnergexRep said:
I work for Energex (you should know) and back this summer when we manufactured them, I grabbed a few bags. I'm hoping we can make more next year, as we had a really good response from users.

I would love to try these! Is there any type of mailing list of sort to be put on when they become available?

EnergexRep said:

I appreciate that you identified yourself as an Energex employee, even though it wouldn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out given your moniker ;-)) The switchgrass pellets sound very interesting, and please keep us posted on their status.

hey does anyone have the ratings on those pellets? I am interested in more info

Hey EnergexRep, glad to have you on the site. I hope you check in once in a while, and keep the members up-to-date on what's happening on the manufacturing side of this industry.

Looks like there's interest here about those switchgrass pellets....can you get us more info? Where you might be selling them? I'd like to try some.

Anyway, welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.