Think I Got A Deal PF 100

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bwep

Oct 27, 2010
Northern Ma
New to the pellet world going to give it a try. Neighbor bought this PF100 back in 2005. Sat in the basement till last year when they had it installed and they used up the 2 and a half tons they bought with it. Wife told me she did not like it and asked me to list it for sale. I asked how much they wanted. She told me every thing comes with it, duct work and smoke pipe. Well are houses are the same so I figured instalation should be easy, just copy what they did. Price she said for me 1,500. Thought that seemed to be a good price. I have been reading alot of post and it seems I will be saving about a 1,000 in fuel cost. Propane has been running me around 2,400 to heat during winter months. So far I have purchased 2 tons of Logik-e (270 a ton) and 2 tons of Greene Team (177 a ton). Also have tried fireside( 5 bags) and stove chow( 7 bags) stove chow being my least favorite. This forum has been a great help and I have learned alot in a short period of time, just wanted to thank all you that have posted great info and hope I will be able to contribute too....Cheers.

A PF100 for $1500 is a steal all by itself. The whole 9 yards is a dandy of a deal! Keep us posted on how it does for you.

So far I have burned 1 ton ( started burning in October). Only problem up to date was the auto ignition failed. Replace the igniter with the new 15 fin igniter. Learned how to replace it here on this forum !!!!!! Thanks guys.

We need pics of the install, and welcome to the forum! :)

imacman said:
We need pics of the install, and welcome to the forum! :)

I'll try to get a picture of this beast and post it......camera was left at a friends house need to retreve it.

And with the free pellet vent and ductwork that is a double steal! Wow.

bwep
Definitely a steal.....
I presume that you are running your furnace on Automatic with the problem that you are having
with the ignitor....I start up on auto and then switch to manual...No problems; this is third year of
operation.

Red Devil said:
bwep
Definitely a steal.....
I presume that you are running your furnace on Automatic with the problem that you are having
with the ignitor....I start up on auto and then switch to manual...No problems; this is third year of
operation.
Yes I have switched over......saw your post stating on how to do that.....Thanks

OK .....deal just got better. My room mate told me that she feels bad I spent all that money on the furnace so she wants to pay for the 4 ton of pellets I bought !!!!! Wish I had bought 5 tons :)

Good deal

New ones with blower are in the area of $4,200.00 to $4,400.00. The average install all depends on the venting air supply, back draft dampers, and HVAC brings the total in the area of $6,000.00.

Eric

Good deal

New ones with blower are in the area of $4,200.00 to $4,400.00. The average install all depends on the venting air supply, back draft dampers, and HVAC brings the total in the area of $6,000.00.

Eric

10-4 on those prices....I originally was quoted three years ago a unit for both me and my son at 3200.00....but guess what,
you could not get a unit from Harman at that time.....so goes it....

P0ZBURN said:
Have fun moving that sucker. Mine is 450lbs. Awesome deal I spent about $5000 and I did everything myself.

I made the move in October. Furnace has a flange on the bottom and had holes thru it. Took some cart wheels and slid them up thru the holes. Rolled it out the neighbors basement. Hooked on to it with my lawn tractor and towed it up the street to my house. Then Rolled her into my basement and hooked her up. All in all took about 10 mins to move. Took me a day and a half to install. Enjoying the heat and money savings :)

Status
Not open for further replies.