Thinking of searching for quieter fans for a USSC 5660 Bayfront

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Doug Doty

Burning Hunk
Is there any hope for this or is it mostly just stove design. If I thought there was or someone said for sure there is options I would go ahead and install the new quieter fans and keep my used ones for BU.

These US Stoves are loud. See is Owen has any suggestions.

Owen ??

Owen is on here a bit. He works at US Stove in customah service. He was an old time poster on IBC (like me and Rona and Kappel and Bioburner). Bunch of old farts talking about the past....................

If it was me, I'd isolate the fan from a physical mounting (to the HX) with a neoprene gasket with fiber washers on the mounting screws and rubber bisquits on the fan motor to cage. That should eliminate most all the noise.

Reactions: Owen1508
That sounds like great advice, I had not even considered trying to quiet the existing fans.

I can really suggust anything but OEM parts..apparent reasons..I will say that SCF usually has very good suggestions though

Thanks Owen, I understand, and I know he does...

Status
Not open for further replies.