This dude's got pot

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a bad pic, but an interesting story. I took this pic of Steve Ferrell at Old Edgefield Pottery in SC. The shop is full of old pots and fragments from all over the south, as well as excavated kiln bricks, face jugs, and reproductions. I had a great talk with Steve about the pottery and the slaves that made most of it.

The pot he's standing with is a repro of the one next to it, but it's signed by 50 Cent. Yes, that Fitty Cent. He had been in town filming a movie- turns out that his ancestors were slaves in the area. Steve said he was actually a great guy.

I dunno- thought it was a confluence of discontinuous pieces, and sort of interesting

33641_148946878483811_108145139230652_258423_7436323_n.jpg

Steve looks like one happy dude.

very misleading thread title AP......I'm getting the "Santa in the off season" vibe though. That is a sweet looking pot....think i know a guy who does some nice pottery work...the name will come to me..

Just stumbled upon this you tube site. Thought you might be interested if you haven't already seen it. That is one tall vase.

Gee I :) thought we were going to see a green house and some "questionable" plants!

Status
Not open for further replies.