This is a fun read...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

krooser

Minister of Fire
Jan 2, 2008
Waupaca, WI
www.rumblefest.net
Go visit www.woodpelletstoves.net .... lots of good info here like 'the catalytic combustors must be checked at least three times each year'.... and something about pellets costing 3.00 per pound... and residue gasses come from a small tube on the top of the stove... if you don't want the hassle of hooking one up buy a stove without one...huh?

Fun read...

I think they are trying to say $3.00 per 40 pounds.(still inaccurate)
Residue gasses from a small tube ? must be thinking of the oak pipe ?
Alot of false info on the web pertaining to any topic.

smoke show said:
I think they are trying to say $3.00 per 40 pounds.(still inaccurate)
Residue gasses from a small tube ? must be thinking of the oak pipe ?
Alot of false info on the web pertaining to any topic.

Not sure WHO wrote that but it's kinda funny...

I'd like to get pellets for $3 /40lbs

Pellets sell for $3 for 40lbs
From the article

There are so many examples of poor use of the English language and inaccurate information that it is difficult to choose a favorite, but one of mine is . . .

"Residue gasses from some pellet burning stove are transferred to the outside of the house through a small tube that's located on the top or behind the stove. If you do not want to go through the hassle of installing this tube, I recommend that you buy one with out it."

The small tube for the residue gasses on my Lopi leyden was indeed a hassle to install so I believe that I will look about to see if I can trade for a stove that I can ". .buy one with out it".

My second choice is the part about . . .pellets being small, about 1 inch, so they are easy to transport . . . Gives me visions of a flat bed trailer going down the highway with a few individual pellets securely strapped down on the trailer.

Thanks, Krooser.

Ranger

the old ranger said:
There are so many examples of poor use of the English language and inaccurate information that it is difficult to choose a favorite, but one of mine is . . .

"Residue gasses from some pellet burning stove are transferred to the outside of the house through a small tube that's located on the top or behind the stove. If you do not want to go through the hassle of installing this tube, I recommend that you buy one with out it."

The small tube for the residue gasses on my Lopi leyden was indeed a hassle to install so I believe that I will look about to see if I can trade for a stove that I can ". .buy one with out it".

My second choice is the part about . . .pellets being small, about 1 inch, so they are easy to transport . . . Gives me visions of a flat bed trailer going down the highway with a few individual pellets securely strapped down on the trailer.

Thanks, Krooser.

Ranger
You have the same eyes that I do... funny stuff.

the old ranger said:
. . . Gives me visions of a flat bed trailer going down the highway with a few individual pellets securely strapped down on the trailer.

LMAO

I envision a person carrying 1 tiny pellet at a time to load the hopper... you'd get a lot of exercise walking to and from the bag and stove... Really wish I could send the person who wrote that a rebuttal. Horrible English.

From the domain who-is. That site was clearly setup just to attract google searching and generate ad clicks. The clicks they get on the ads probably make a good profit each month.

Registrant:
Wood Stoves
1805 Auburn Drive
Clarksville, Tennessee 37043
United States

Registered through: GoDaddy.com, Inc. (http://www.godaddy.com)
Domain Name: WOODPELLETSTOVES.NET
Created on: 30-Jan-06
Expires on: 30-Jan-19
Last Updated on: 16-Dec-09

Administrative Contact:
Stoves, Wood [email protected]
1805 Auburn Drive
Clarksville, Tennessee 37043
United States
3233389403 Fax --

Thats the funnyest site I'v looked at for a loooonnnnggggg time. corn pellets?? 1 bushel of corn= 60,000 lbs LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.