This is the garbage I got from www.woodpellets.com

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
krooser said:
After we pick-up imacman and jtakeman we're heading for BTU's to get some Okie's....
overloadedbus.jpg

ROAD TRIP!!!!

imacman said:
krooser said:
After we pick-up imacman and jtakeman we're heading for BTU's to get some Okie's....
overloadedbus.jpg

ROAD TRIP!!!!

I call shotgun....

mark d fellows said:
I have no truck, and a lot of the local companies charge outrageous fees to deliver considering the closeness of were they would have to deliver to me. However, I have discovered that in 3 trips, I can move a ton of pellets in my Mazda 3 hatchback, so now I can go that route!

I just got 3 tons of Greenways from a company in Glen Burnie for 189.00/ton and 25.00/ton delivery. I live in Forest Hill and they deliver here so I am sure they would deliver to Westminster.

I didn't think 214.00/ton delivered was all that bad.

JoeS said:
mark d fellows said:
I have no truck, and a lot of the local companies charge outrageous fees to deliver considering the closeness of were they would have to deliver to me. However, I have discovered that in 3 trips, I can move a ton of pellets in my Mazda 3 hatchback, so now I can go that route!

I just got 3 tons of Greenways from a company in Glen Burnie for 189.00/ton and 25.00/ton delivery. I live in Forest Hill and they deliver here so I am sure they would deliver to Westminster.

I didn't think 214.00/ton delivered was all that bad.

214.00 delivered is great! What is the company?

Thanks!

Mark :)

mark- I was just womdering if this issue ever got resolved. did you get refunded and did they pick up your pellets?

vettechick said:
mark- I was just womdering if this issue ever got resolved. did you get refunded and did they pick up your pellets?

They did give me a credit, but they aren't picking up the pellets until next tuesday, so I think that makes it over two weeks they have been sitting in my driveway, if I am correct.

I plan on giving an update when they actually pick up the pellets. I know that they have been sopping up water, so I can only hope they don't pass them along to someone else.

Thanks for asking, Mark :)

krooser said:
overloadedbus.jpg

There's a bus under there???!! LOL

warmshoulder said:
Send us a pic of that 1 ton sponge ornament in your driveway!

Pic of 1 ton sponge added at the top of the post...

warmshoulder said:
Send us a pic of that 1 ton sponge ornament in your driveway!

Pic of 1 ton sponge added at the top of the post...

vettechick said:

They did finally pic up the other ton out of my driveway, and gave me a credit. I am very glad to get rid of that ton of soaked sawdust out of my driveway. It was taking up a lot of space. We had lots of rain these last couple weeks, so it was soaking up even MORE water, than it has in the last year.

They did give me a credit. They did finally pick up the pallet. They did not stiff me on my credit.

I am not entirely pleased with them. I feel that I shouldn't have had to deal with tons of pellets that had obviously been sitting out in the weather, (which is evident from the leaf litter and algae growing inside the shrink wrap, and shown in the photos). It takes longer than one day in the wet to grow algae and I didn't appreciate someone dumping them on me without making an appointment.

I am not entirely pleased with the 41 bags I did put in the shed, but didn't want to do the work to move them back out onto a pallet in the driveway.

I guess we'll see, but I don't expect any better than last year.

They were very responsive on the phone when I called, and they did assure me that that is not the way they do business.

Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.