This Is What I Did Today

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Todd

Minister of Fire
Nov 19, 2005
NW Wisconsin
Found a deal on Craigs list, $30 per load you cut. The guys got 25 acreas of mostly Oak that was logged off a couple years ago so there are plenty of tops for the taking. I figure I cut 3/4 cord all Oak and will be going back for more next week.

Attachments

• 100_0634.jpg
    100_0634.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 680
  • 100_0635.jpg
    100_0635.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 692
I just have to say I sure do envy those of you who have oak as your main source of wood and who get it for next to nothing or for free....

Good score. Even your trailer is stacked neatly.

Todd said:
Found a deal on Craigs list, $30 per load you cut.

Oh if I could get my 20' trailer in there...

Nice find Todd! I'd be all over that til they called me a Wood Pig instead of a Pellet Pig...lol.

Excellent score. Keep going back till there isn't no more (or you run out of dough)!

Ah ha! Red oak. Very nice Todd.

Todd looks like it will play out to a cord and a half...for 30 that's an excellent deal. Besides you're not killing yourself with tops either.

I don't think it will end up being a 1.5 cord, my trailer is 5x8x2. I could probably heap up to a cord in there, but Oak is awful heavy and I'm sore as hell from just cutting that much, man I got to get back in shape.

No matter how you cut it that's a nice score. Couple of years and it sure will mix in nice with that locust you've got.

Todd,

Great "warm" lookin load there! Can you supply some detils on your trailer? Axel wt., tire size, brand?

Shari

Shari said:
Todd,

Great "warm" lookin load there! Can you supply some detils on your trailer? Axel wt., tire size, brand?

Shari

Home made. A buddy of mine welded the frame for me with 2" steel tubing, springs, axle and angle iron, then I put the hitch, lights, floor and sides on myself. I told him I wanted to be able to hold 4000lbs so he sized everthing up from there. I still need to weld on my new tailgate ramp that's on order.

great weekend for working wood in New England

wood001-1.jpg

wood002-2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.