This is why it takes so long to split wood round here.......

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

woodchip

Minister of Fire
Dec 6, 2010
Broadstone England
It's just too easy to get sidetracked.........

I really should have done more, but ended up making a little Woodhenge (we live near Stonehenge).

There was just one visitor, Mrs Woodchip's teddy bear:

IMG_6502.jpg

Another wood burner gone 'round the bend. :lol:

Woodchip, you are doing it right! Have some fun while working and it makes the work go much easier.

So.... You'll be leaving it there until the equinox, right?

Nancy

PopCrackleSnap said:
So.... You'll be leaving it there until the equinox, right? Nancy

It's already been damaged, our chickens knocked it over when they rushed about this afternoon.

I'm sure they didn't have that problem at Stonehenge....... :)

I suppose you know that the remains of a "woodhenge" have been discovered on Salisbury Plain near Stonehenge? From same time.

Lots easier to haul local logs than massive stones from Wales.

CTYank said:
I suppose you know that the remains of a "woodhenge" have been discovered on Salisbury Plain near Stonehenge? From same time.

I'm impressed, most people who live here have never heard of Woodhenge!!!!!!!!!

I went to see it some time ago, the remains of the post holes were clearly visible, it's a very interesting place.

There are actually loads of old monuments near Stonehenge, including a large burial mound you can go inside, a very large stone circle at Avebury, and a huge hill shaped like a pyramid at Silbury.

Quite a few places round there have remains of hearths nearby where they had wood fires, for feasting during the ceremonies (hearths in this case mean circular areas of ash and remains of charcoal and a few animal bones).

There would have been a lot of wood available at the time Woodhenge and Stonehenge were built, much of the area was dense Elm and Oak forests until it was cleared for farming about 4 - 3000 BC.

woodchip said:
There are actually loads of old monuments near Stonehenge, including a large burial mound you can go inside, a very large stone circle at Avebury, and a huge hill shaped like a pyramid at Silbury.
Got any good crop circle stories? :gulp:

What you do with your wood is your business.

What happens at Stonehenge, stays at Stonehenge...

Great thread . . . gave me a good laugh this morning. Thanks for posting . . . and for the comments from Woody, Nancy and Shadow.

woodchip said:
PopCrackleSnap said:
So.... You'll be leaving it there until the equinox, right? Nancy

It's already been damaged, our chickens knocked it over when they rushed about this afternoon.

I'm sure they didn't have that problem at Stonehenge....... :)

Well the chickens were alot bigger back then.

Very unique way of stacking wood to let it season. Takes up allot of floor space though.
I see that Dennis approves, lots of air circulation, sunshine (well as much as you get there) & good spacing. Should season the wood well (looks like birch).
:) :) :) :lol:

Great post.

Great thread, guys. Made me laugh out loud. (Woodchip, you're such a Brit!)

Status
Not open for further replies.