This made me chuckle

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rkofler

Burning Hunk
Nov 15, 2011
Long Island
I guess I can't have any!! If you can't read the sign it says, "Private Property, No Trespassing"

Attachments

• photo (2).jpg
    photo (2).jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 805
A place on a busy road near me has a sign like that on a bunch of big-ole Oak rounds since they had some trees taken down . This spring will make 2 years it's been there. The pile is much smaller than it was 2 years ago, but hasn't shrunk any since last summer that I can see. I got no problem with them keeping what's theirs, but do they have to leave'em out there for me to drool at every time I drive by?

midwestcoast said:
A place on a busy road near me has a sign like that on a bunch of big-ole Oak rounds since they had some trees taken down . This spring will make 2 years it's been there. The pile is much smaller than it was 2 years ago, but hasn't shrunk any since last summer that I can see. I got no problem with them keeping what's theirs, but do they have to leave'em out there for me to drool at every time I drive by?

Same here - place down the way has several nice logs laying along the road with sign saying 'don't take' - been almost three years now - just let me have them for crying out loud! Cheers!

Last time I saw a No Trespassing sign was when the couple built their house on the place next to ours. She walked 190 feet into MY woods and nailed one of the things on a beautiful white oak tree. I shredded it, wrapped it in a copy of the property survey and tossed it on her porch.

BrotherBart said:
Last time I saw a No Trespassing sign was when the couple built their house on the place next to ours. She walked 190 feet into MY woods and nailed one of the things on a beautiful white oak tree. I shredded it, wrapped it in a copy of the property survey and tossed it on her porch.

That sounds like the perfect reaction!

BrotherBart said:
ha! i like it

If I had wood piled next to the road bucked and ready for the trailer, I'd post it up too. Cold people do funny things....at least in my neck of the woods

BrotherBart said:

Wow. Great neighbors, huh? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.