This one made me raise an eyebrow.....

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You gotta love big corporation logic.. They are spending 250 million Kronor in one quarter to save 220 million kronor over 2 years. uhhhh ?

Killing jobs just for the hope of a stock price bump probably.

You gotta love big corporation logic.. They are spending 250 million Kronor in one quarter to save 220 million kronor over 2 years. uhhhh ?

Killing jobs just for the hope of a stock price bump probably.

Kinda like cartoon physics? :p

The part that it will happen after nagotioations with unions.
Maybe looking long term at future financial union liabilities.
Cost buying out 600 employees union benefits will be expensive. 250mill but save 220mil in following years
Paid out once & future earning go up afterwards.
Looking at a long term business decision.'

have to know more of the cost of employees & their union benefits vs savings over time

Not mentioned, but, outsourcing may be in their future.
Maybe China can make the products cheaper ,
Got to remember it's a global economy.
Accept change, adapt to it, or ? ? ?

Article stated that roughly half of those positions being eliminated are in Sweden. I bet their benefits are expensive indeed. They have a gov't mandated health insurance program do they not?

You can see the way this is going. They are flooding all of the big box stores, i.e. Home Depot, Canadian tire etc., here in Ontario with home-owner chain saws at discount prices...............and they certainly aren't of the quality we have all come to expect in Husky saws.

Oh I misread it... The savings are 220 million per year. Still its sad to see them cutting jobs that you know are going to be refilled in China.... I know its a business decision but it sucks, Ive been asked to make such calls myself and its no fun. The price of working for a publicly traded company - everything is quarter to quarter. Miss your numbers and the axe falls :(

Status
Not open for further replies.