this site

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

steeltowninwv

Minister of Fire
Nov 16, 2010
west virginia
ive been working the 6am-2am shift this week..been in the woods at least 3 days....today i told myself..im relaxing after work....so whats the one thing i do after i get off work?...i get on hearth.com.....instantly it puts me in the mood...so im off with just the splitting maul and fiskars to split up some dreaded elm and sycamore..ill post pics when i get back.

Boy, if I were working 20 hour days I wouldn't have much time for wood cutting :zip:

Steeltown hasn't answered because he fell asleep while splitting his wood.

u guys will pick a man apart.lol..6am-2pm...and i went out the house today to get the maul and fiskars and put it in the car...and it started raining...so i parked my butt inside

I was just about to post 6am - 2pm. I can't imagine any company getting away with a 20-hour shift, if only for safety reasons. (I've pulled some overnighters in an office job, but the biggest risk there is falling out of your chair).

I spent several years of my youth working 24 hour shifts in EMS. Sleeping 8 hours and getting paid for it (most nights anyway)......Priceless.

steeltowninwv said:
u guys will pick a man apart.lol..6am-2pm...and i went out the house today to get the maul and fiskars and put it in the car...and it started raining...so i parked my butt inside

We are a big disfunctional family here and we love to kid around, but if your back is against the wall a lot of people will help you.

we're just busting yer nuggets, Steeltown......get used to it, as it happens quite often...... ;-P

I have a few times in the summer when I will put in 60 hrs in 3 days. Kinda wipes you out for a while! :lol: What sucks is I don't get overtime or recognition for it. The benefits of being a small business owner! :lol:

Gary

Jack Straw nailed it! i've never been part of a better group of people on the net! informative. knowledgable. great humor and teasing! glad to be here. art

steeltowninwv said:
ive been working the 6am-2am shift this week..been in the woods at least 3 days....today i told myself..im relaxing after work....so whats the one thing i do after i get off work?...i get on hearth.com.....instantly it puts me in the mood...so im off with just the splitting maul and fiskars to split up some dreaded elm and sycamore..ill post pics when i get back.

I don't think you're the only one who "relaxes" in his woodlot. There's not much better that a cool morning, a pot of coffee, a good cigar, and a stack that needs split.

bluedogz said:
steeltowninwv said:

I don't think you're the only one who "relaxes" in his woodlot. There's not much better that a cool morning, a pot of coffee, a good cigar, and a stack that needs split.

I work 1pm to 9pm and have my own woodlot. I get up at 7am have coffee, breakfast and a dose of hearth.com, then I head out to the woods. I consider myself very fortunate.....except today, it was raining :shut:

Status
Not open for further replies.