This Winter's Weirdly Warm Weather Explained

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
firebug said:
http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2012/01/11/this-winters-weirdly-warm-weather-explained/?intcmp=obnetwork

Interesting view of what's happening out there... so much for the farmer's almanac. Predicting the future is not a guarentee, explaining current conditions is!

From the article; "As for what's ultimately beneath the weather rut we're in, climate change is a tempting target but global warming is not necessarily to blame. In fact, a warmer world would cause warmer oceans, Weber said -- and an opposite pattern from what we're seeing. Other theories include low solar activity and melting Arctic ice."

So the explanation is anyone's guess? No kidding?
Have a weather free day

;-)
Kenny

Its warm because my boss bought a snow-blower.

I reckon the unusual warmth here is proof of sod's law.......

I worked like mad getting masses of wood in last winter and Spring so I could have a huge stack for this one, which was forecast to be another cold one by our Met Office.

At least my huge wood stack is causing some amusement amongst the neighbours, who have noted it's not going down much...... ;-)

Sitting next to my stove nice and cozy watchin the 49ers giving the Saints a ride. Thinking that with the outside temp. currently sitting @ -21 with a wind chill of -28 and the forcast saying -27 tonight, I must be missing the the warm winter phenom somehow.

Status
Not open for further replies.