This years Greenteam vs maines choice? and 188 a ton

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dmaclaren

Dec 8, 2010
Seacoast, NH
Thinking of picking up two ton for next season this season. With Lybia and oil, I believe the prices are going to go up and up. I could see lowes and HD charging 249 for these.

I have not tried maines choice this year and want to pick up tomorrow before they sell out as all local HD's are out and don't know when they will get more. I have liked the GT this year.

the GT from lowes have had very good reviews here by some folks, they seem consistent according to the feedback.

Burned six tons of GT over the past few years and just burned a dozen bags of Maine Choice.

Green Team.

I Just picked up 2 ton of Green Team at Lowes in Greenland, NH. 188 a ton with HD 10% coupon.

Is Greenway the same as green team? My Lowes has Greenways for 209

forya said:
Is Greenway the same as green team? My Lowes has Greenways for 209

No, But the greenway's aren't a bad pellet either. Do a search here on them. Some also call them Hassle and Hughes. I though they did pretty well in my stove. Still would give an edge to Greene Team due to a bit more heat.

Try a couple of bags and tell us what you think of the greenways?

I have to tell you guys that The Greene Team management went out of their way to help me locate pellets this week. As many of us are searching to secure our next years stock, in my case, I was able to directly contact Robbie at GTPC and he made me aware of recent and planned shipments. Any one of you can just go to their website and use the contact page to put in your zipcode. They will email you with projected shipdates of their product to your area.

I had a great email exchange with Robbie from GT on a host of issues and topics. He was very responsive.
GT is a family owned company. Their pellets are 100% PA Hardwood. They also read this forum.

Jay T, I would think they might be interested in having you do one of your tests on their pellets. Any plans to do this?

X2 about Robbie, very responsive with emails, that tells me customer service is high.

how do you get the hd 10 percent off coupon

I bought 3 tons of Maine Choice for this winter. Not a bad pellet, but not a great one either. A lot of dust would be the major complaint for me.

I just got 3 tons of MWP for next winter $199 a ton delivered! And im not done. Im going to pick up 3 or 4 more this summer.

Screw the oil companies. My search is on for a tankless LP water heater, then i can truly get off the crude.

dave64 said:
how do you get the hd 10 percent off coupon

You can get them from either Lowes or HD websites or at the Post Office in one of those "mover packs". The HD coupon you can print right away, the Lowes takes 3 days for them to email it to you. If you have the gumption you can produce the HD coupon at Lowes and they will honor it.

When prices were at their lowest this year I got 2 tons of SC for $168 ton w/coupon. You just won't do any better than that.

My wife thinks I'm nuts over pellets this year and the boys are gettin' tired of me saying "this is the last ton". I haven't told them I have another ton in a friends garage......

X3 on Greene Team and Robbie! He has saved me TONS of time - literally
in my GT search. Now that the word is out, expect it to be
even more difficult for stores to keep these pellets in stock for more than
a day or two. :coolgrin:

Xena said:
X3 on Greene Team and Robbie! He has saved me TONS of time - literally
in my GT search. Now that the word is out, expect it to be
even more difficult for stores to keep these pellets in stock for more than
a day or two. :coolgrin:

Well, that is a problem Xena and I agree with you. I'd be willing to bet if Glosta made the trip today he was disappointed. That is why I posted that another 22 ton is going to Seabrook on March 10th. You have to jump right on these when they are delivered or you are shut out. I think most of us agree that the GT is a great product. Now that I have mine, I'm willing to share the info..... ;-) ;-)

strangemainer said:
... My search is on for a tankless LP water heater, then i can truly get off the crude.

Crude is where LP comes from, it is one of the distilled oil fractions exactly like gasoline and kerosene.

Harman Lover 007 said:
Well, that is a problem Xena and I agree with you. You have to jump right on these when they are delivered or you are shut out. I think most of us agree that the GT is a great product. Now that I have mine, I'm willing to share the info..... ;-) ;-)

I hear ya! I've got 120 bags of GT here but will probably burn 30 or so before this season is over
so need to score two more tons to be in the safety zone for next Fall. That said I'll
be out tomorrow piggin it up if it's not pouring rain out.

Oh and in staying on topic, The Maine's Choice pellets leave a crapload
of ash behind in my St Croix. Probably triple the ash that I'm used to in Okies and Barefoots.

4x for Robbie! Good company and excellent pellet... shipping to a Lowes near you, this week:

CT Lowe's Killingly
MA Lowe's Attleboro

See you there!

3 ton last week and I will have 3 more by end of day Wed. Lowes in greenland have GT and in Epping, they have Stove Chow. I have 4 ton right now and will have 7. I will buy more summer/fall if it's cheaper than the 188 .

If my basement was bigger, I would fill it up

The feeling of having my fuel for next years heat in March, priceless!!

Status
Not open for further replies.