Thnking about Karma Today

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

fsr4538

Jul 13, 2007
Last winter I had enough wood in the beginning of the season to last for two winters. I then burned two stoves instead of one and the burning season lasted longer than usual for me. About two-thirds of the way through the season a co-worker of my wife was low on wood. I told her they could have a cord of ours. My wife sold it for $100.00 and I gave them a generous cord. Then the season ended up long and we burned half of what I had slated for this coming year.

I began to worry that I would have to buy wood for the first time since we started burning full time as I now did not have enough. Scrounging was slow and the stack was shrinking by the day.

Fast forward to today. I came upon a major scrounge of Black Locust that could go 4-5 cords. As I split today I am again thankful that I helped out a friend. It seems to have come back.

Just a thought. Funny what you think about when you are alone running the splitter.

Forrest

What goes around comes around.

Always comes back around and usually 2 fold.

well done.

pen

Nice. Just keep those thoughts coming. When you help someone it just gives you a good feeling. Glad you did it. Now if you get the wood split ASAP, hopefully it will be dry for next winter. Split is a bit smaller, stack it loosely out in the wind and let Mother Nature do her thing and you'll stay warm next winter.

Always thought that good fortune tends to happen to good people . . . of course a large part of this isn't just blind, dumb luck.

You can always turn the scrounging up a notch to make up for a low wood supply, but the chance to help someone out might pass by and not return. You made the right choice, I think, and should enjoy burning that locust.

Funny to read this post.

I had access to a big ol oak that fell and the city was cutting up. I got greedy trying to get it. Ended up with a razor in my tire and all around bad day. The next day I see that the city has cleared what was in the road and left 2 BIG limbs in a neighbors yard. I asked the neighbor for the wood and he was more than happy to let me cut it up and haul it off for him. I think Im going to take a truck load to the elderly man down the street that I see burns wood and see if he wants some, keep the karma ball rolling!

Status
Not open for further replies.