Those of you that bought your pellets early are, shall I say, "WINNING!"

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kinsmanstoves

Minister of Fire
Pellet prices are jumping. Not that I deal with all these mills but three mills gave me $10 price increase per ton in the last two days. They all said, "Summer Buy is OVER!". Now I need to wait on the shipping company I use.

Eric

But diesel fuel, still at $3.91 a gallon has only dropped slightly in three weeks where unleaded has come close to dropping $.45 a gallon.

Eric

kinsman stoves said:
But diesel fuel, still at $3.91 a gallon has only dropped slightly in three weeks where unleaded has come close to dropping $.45 a gallon.

Eric

where would that be because it's still 3.99 for reg gas here!!!

kinsman stoves said:
Pellet prices are jumping. Not that I deal with all these mills but three mills gave me $10 price increase per ton in the last two days. They all said, "Summer Buy is OVER!". Now I need to wait on the shipping company I use.

Eric

Glad I got mine... Thanks again, Eric. I have not been in this game to long. But from 2008 till now. I have learned when you can get a Pellet that burns good in your stove for $200 or under... BUY... BUY.....

I bought 9 Tons.. Enough to give me the option to wait till they come down to a reasonable price. When enough seasoned vets say to "Buy Now!".. You must go with instinct and do it!

Thanks for all the warnings, from all the members and owners of Hearth related business. Even though you could have possibly made more money, you still try to save the "little guy" some money.. Thanks..

woodsman23 said:
kinsman stoves said:

Eric

where would that be because it's still 3.99 for reg gas here!!!

$3.45 a gallon for reg. unleaded at BP here this morning.

Eric

$3.63 for regular gas this morning in north east Ma. Have not had a oil delivery for a while so not sure what that price is at.

Pulled the trigger a few weeks ago and had delivered 6 ton that now have to be stacked into basement. Woodpellets dot com. Flat rate of $39 for delivery. Third time with them and I have had no issues or problems so far. Drivers always go out of their way to place just where you want. Great service so far.

So with what I have left from last year I should be good on pellets for the next 3 years, but always looking for a good buy.
Also may be looking to add a small stove in office in basement which I hope would heat it plus bedroom section of house on main floor which is on the opposite end of house where our Quad insert is currently.

Good luck to all of you on your pellet search. And don't forget, this is the home of the Stanley Cup Champion BOSTON BRUINS! :)

Casie said:
$3.63 for regular gas this morning in north east Ma. Have not had a oil delivery for a while so not sure what that price is at.

Pulled the trigger a few weeks ago and had delivered 6 ton that now have to be stacked into basement. Woodpellets dot com. Flat rate of $39 for delivery. Third time with them and I have had no issues or problems so far. Drivers always go out of their way to place just where you want. Great service so far.

So with what I have left from last year I should be good on pellets for the next 3 years, but always looking for a good buy.
Also may be looking to add a small stove in office in basement which I hope would heat it plus bedroom section of house on main floor which is on the opposite end of house where our Quad insert is currently.

Good luck to all of you on your pellet search. And don't forget, this is the home of the Stanley Cup Champion BOSTON BRUINS! :)
Casie, Where in NE Ma are you located in and where did you buy your pellets and how much per ton. I`m looking for 3 ton now.
Thanks

Merrimack Valley area. We came in at somewhere close to 265/ton plus the flat rate delivery. LG's, and very happy with them.

woodpellets.com and plug in your zip to see if they deliver to your area. They are located in NH.

Very close to what I paid for the LG's 3 years ago, but paid more for shipping, so we came out about the same. The more you buy, the price per ton comes down a bit.

good luck!

Thank god I bought when I did! (jan-march)
Pellets will come but late in the game this year as my next prediction is people will turn to Nat gas ... And once winter hits pellets will come down as inventory will be high....... Unless we have a brutally cold winter

I too am glad I hustled and got my stash stacked for
the upcoming heating season. I don't like shlepping
pellets in the hot weather which is one reason I
got it done before Spring.

Just took delivery of four ton of Hamer's at $4.50/bag + another $80 bucks for delivery. The owner said to expect $300/ton for the same come October. Who knows? I'm just glad it's stacked and paid for already.

I picked up a little more than 2 tons today. This will be my first year buring. Hopefully these brands work well. I've heard pretty good reviews.

17 Bags of American Wood Fibers $4.10
48 Bags of Statesmen Hardwood Heat $4.10
50 Bags of Lignetics $4.55

Got em' all in the barn...

I am going to try to find some more before fall.. I bought all my local TSC and Southern States had.

There are two pellet mills close by, Big Heat ($197/ton) and O'Malleys ($200/Ton). I haven't read anything good on these though. And they have a minimum of 1 ton.

15c868a9.jpg

820b5212.jpg

a0c4cca5.jpg

9eff9260.jpg

You did good on the AWF's and Green Label Ligs.. I dont know about the Statesman's, I have never burned them. Others will have to comment. Make sure the AWF's are not too long, I had a ton that were around 2" average and up to 3" long.

Attachments

• AWF's pic 3.jpg
    AWF's pic 3.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 401
  • AWF Long Pellets.jpg
    AWF Long Pellets.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 406
o'malleys are ok... nothing to rave about by any means, but should burn ok. at 200 a ton, i'd say its a good buy. over 225, probably not so much.

haven't heard of big heat

Local dealer just upped prices another $10, except Energex, went up $8 more to $247 a ton.
Same pellet I purchased for $229 a ton earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.