Those wacky CL posters..

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

homebrewz

Minister of Fire
Nov 29, 2005
East Central, NY
I stopped reading after a couple of sentences.

http://albany.craigslist.org/lab/2376709018.html

"If you bring and provide your own chain-saw/safety-equipment/gas, I will pay you $10/hour CASH to cut marked trees up to 14 inches in diameter. You must know how to cut down a tree. Generally, I only want the marked dropped, not limbed or chopped. Tree stumps along the road must be cut second time at base flush with ground, so bring spare old chain. I will also pay $4/gallon for the GAS USED each day in the chainsaw if you work at least 4 hours (mark the level in your gas can). Equipment malfunction time or interuptions (saw sounds idling or off for over 2 minutes) will be subtracted from payable time. Smoking is not allowed. Trees cut but left standing/leaning will be docked from your pay at rate of $2 per inch of diameter, unless you pull them down to below height of man (Ropes and winch will be provided, and I will help you pull them down and mark other trees if need be, but this lost time counts as interuption of paid saw work). (If you can't drop it, don't cut it). Cutting or nicking unmarked trees willl get you into trouble.

Camping privileges available on the property.

Other than the tree-cutting with your chainsaw, I will pay $8/hour CASH for unskilled labor to do branch-clean up, light demolition, digging, moving rocks, and to assist me in repairing buildings."

Call me crazy but I'd take the $8/hr job over the $10/hr job

I can just see this guy out there with his stop watch, measuring tape and note book, jotting down notes everytime you break one of his rules or take more that 2 minutes to gas up the the saw.
Sounds like a dream job. :p

Well, there are some folks who are hard up for some cash so he may get a taker or two. Sad conditions though....

Really sounds like a guy I'd love to camp with........NOT! Cheers!

Go in their and cut all the trees without the x, then tell him he owes you 65 an hour for saw and labor and you only take cash! ;-) Stupidity deserves stupidity! I flagged him for stupidity...

I was in business for myself for a long time and I hated when people stood over me watching what I was doing, and that is exactly what this person will be doing. After awhile I learned from the first conversation with someone what the red flags were and this ad has red flags all over the place.

Bet this guy is a ton of fun to work with in the real world as well . . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.