Tigers in a sweep?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Backwoods Savage

Minister of Fire
Feb 14, 2007
Michigan
The team with the worst record of the playoff teams is in the World Series. What happened to the Yankees? Go Tigers! They won 8 or their last 10 games in regular season play to overtake the White Sox and now are really flexing their muscles. Who knows if they can keep it up or not. At least they can celebrate for now.

That's beautiful. I only wish that series was on network tv so I could have watched it. Am enjoying the national league series. Pagan has been amazing this game, this series.

"Making a living playing a kid's game."

- Mickey Mantle

Reactions: PapaDave
$29 million for one hit. Boy A-Rod is a bargain.

Reactions: Backwoods Savage
As a Mets fan....I assume Golf season starts in October. They just change cleats...

as much as I hate the Yankees , i was hoping they would get to the big dance this year just to give Ichiro a chance to get a ring after all the crappy seasons he had with the M's, but kinda nice to see them get swept

Yes, Zito is on fire tonight, see if the giants can come back and win a couple to take the NLCS. Good series

World Series might be interesting with some very cold weather. Maybe they will put a sale on long johns.

Reactions: Dairyman
Never good in this house when the Yankees get smacked. I could not care less about baseball but 40 years ago I had to sit and wait for the end of a World Series game with the Yankees before we could leave for our second date. And the happiest night of my wife's life I swear is when she fielded a call from Mickey Mantle, when she was working nights in American Airlines reservations, to change a flight for him. And chat of course.

Now it isn't just the Yankees. She is a big Ranger's fan too. <> Lived in Arlington so I at least got to help pay for the stadium.

Reactions: Elderthewelder
Never good in this house when the Yankees get smacked. I could not care less about baseball but 40 years ago I had to sit and wait for the end of a World Series game with the Yankees before we could leave for our second date. And the happiest night of my wife's life I swear is when she fielded a call from Mickey Mantle, when she was working nights in American Airlines reservations, to change a flight for him. And chat of course.

Now it isn't just the Yankees. She is a big Ranger's fan too. <> Lived in Arlington so I at least got to help pay for the stadium.

Very nice, I would love to hear her side of the conversation..All though they did not realize it at the time, they were talkin about some serious sports history there

Have to give her credit. Along about the fifth or sixth date she was sitting up in my apartment waiting. I was in a poker game in another apartment and winning big time. Kept calling her saying I would be there soon and she said if you are winning, keep playing.

I actually started folding winning hands to get out of there. Damndest card run of my life.

I tolerate baseball and she tolerates gambling. Good match. For 40 years now.

They boys sure looked pathetic the first 2 in SF. They better win at least one game I have tickets for game 5! ;lol

Status
Not open for further replies.