timber jack

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I usually prefer wood handles on tools. As for the timber jack, I have one I've tried to give away because I found them to be more bother than worth. It is just much faster and certainly easier to just cut the log on the ground. Better to buy a cant hook than the timber jack. Then if you need the log rolled, the cant hook makes simple work of it. I rarely go to the woods without it.

Nothing compares to aluminum handled Logrite tools. I have a cant hook, and use it quite a bit. They are kinda pricey, but you'll never have to buy another. They are that well made.
They do have a jack you can add to it if you want a timberjack. I've never used one, and doubt that I ever would.

Status
Not open for further replies.