Timber Ridge 55-TRPAH Auger motor

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

bond1973

Hearth Supporter
Nov 18, 2008
Weare, NH
Hi all... I've had a 55-TRPAH for 7+ years now. This past week my auger motor for REAL loud. I searched for a replacement and got something off Amazon. Had to swap done parts over and snip/ crimp on some new ends. Now the thing is ROARING! Doesn't seem right. The new motor is 2rpm. In doing a little research I thought I found that the original motor was 1rpm. I just went to another site to look at motors for it and they only list 2rpm motors for it. Anyone know what it should be? Any idea why (if it actually should be 2rpm) my fire is suddenly cranking (since changing out the auger motor) and the outside of the stove (the lid for example) is getting hotter than it has in the past? Appreciate any assistance.

Im pretty sure it supposed to be a 2rpm. If you got one of the Chinese replacements from an aftermarket source it may be a 2.4-2.7rpm. Best way to check is to remove it and hook up a cord and plug into the wall outlet. With the large shaft facing you count the revolutions it makes in 60 seconds.

Don't know where I read 1rpm. Just found the stove manual online and it's 2rpm. Not sure why the thing's now running so much hotter and had a big "lapping' flame. Guess I'll need with it a bit more. Thank you for the response.