Timberline angle guides?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

n6crv

Feeling the Heat
Aug 5, 2007
Hillsdale Co. Michigan
Hello am thinking about getting a Timberline sharpner but would like to know if I need the extra Angle Guides? Is there and reason that I would need them the 25 and 35 deg ones? I run a .325 Oregon blue cutter chain on a Stihl 025. So do I really need them?
Thanks!!

Unless your chain is set-up with a 25 or 35 degree cutter from the factory, no you don't need the extra guides.

In theory, a 35° angle cuts faster in softer wood, and 25° should hold an edge better in harder wood. Don't know if the average firewood cutter would notice the difference. For ten bucks, I bought them. Something else to play with.

I have some sharp looking chains. If they cut as good as they look, I'll be very happy.

Well just ordered one so will have to see how it works out.
Again thanks for the help.

Reactions: Nixon
Status
Not open for further replies.