Time to fill the shed

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bigcube

Feb 27, 2008
Upstate NY
Well I finally got the shed water tight. When the wood is done I need to Strip and shingle the garage and the shed.
Woodshed9.jpg

Hard to believe the little pile in the foreground is over a cord. I did 2 rows today and there is still a little pile there to stack. The first row and a half is leftover from last year. I didn't want to mix it with the new wood. Each row is stacked 6' high, 2 rows make a cord and there will be room for 16 rows.
Woodshed10.jpg

I want my yard back, I hate mowing around stuff. I have some splitting and stacking to do.
Firewood15.jpg

Whoa! Lots of nice wood and a great place to put it. Nice work.

It faces south and get's a good bit of wind from the west. I hope it works out well. I could stack to 8' but I can only reach to 7 so they will be 6+' high.

Bigcube said:
I could stack to 8' but I can only reach to 7 so they will be 6+' high.

When you start a second row, you can stand on it to reach higher. When reversing the procedure, stand on the front row and take some off the top.

Or you could use a scaffold like I do to stack 9 feet high.
100_0296.jpg

Gotta be because you're a drag racer that you don't like mowing around stuff. An IMSA or SCCA driver would be all over mowing around that stuff. %-P Rick (oh yeah...nice job on the attached shed and the wood!)

So how much has this wood shed cost (materials)?

fossil said:
Gotta be because you're a drag racer that you don't like mowing around stuff. An IMSA or SCCA driver would be all over mowing around that stuff. %-P Rick (oh yeah...nice job on the attached shed and the wood!)
hehe, that's funny!
gzecc said:
So how much has this wood shed cost (materials)?
I'll add up the receipts when I get home tonight but there were a few extras that may not be needed in all cases. I had concrete poured because I have some ground water issues back there and also I replaced the back siding with T1-11. I think I have close to $2k in it now including the back pad. At the same time I had a big pad put down the side to park the truck and trailer. The back pad was cheap ($1k) because they were doing the other one at the same time.

I assume, what is also nice about your project is, at some point if you want to convert the wood storage area to extended garage space you could cut through the garage and enclose it.

LLigetfa said:
Or you could use a scaffold like I do to stack 9 feet high.

You ain't right ;-P

Status
Not open for further replies.