To all Happy, Safe, and warm Thanksgiving NM

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
E

elkimmeg

I not going to get sucked into the permit issue, I will say, this is for you brother bart,
My old pappy once told me there is a little larceny in everyone's hearts

Reactions: WellSeasoned
Well put. Have a very good Turkey day.

Have a good and warm one elk.

BTW elk. A little inspector story from my past. A happy one. In our first house we had it built with natural ash paneling in the family room and cabinets in the kitchen. All went up unfinished and then they came in and did the stain and finishing. The kitchen bar faced the family room and it really looked nice. Well, it did except for one knarley piece of the paneling on the family room side of the bar. The builder was an ass and refused to replace it.

Without me ever speaking to him before, the VA inspector came for his final inspection since it was a VA loan. He looked at that piece of paneling and asked me what I thought about it. I told him it looked like crap. He said "Do you want it replaced?". I said yes and he stood there and put his foot through it right in front of the builder. Builder turned purple but never said a word and it was replaced the next day.

Brother Bart, you tickle me.

Status
Not open for further replies.