todays haul

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Marsh Rat

Dec 10, 2010
Northern Wisconsin
Got out before the snow started falling and knocked down a few. All of its red oak and mix and match maple. Not bad 2 cord for 5 hours of cutting and this should finish filling the wood shed up. Next is getting the wood for my new alaskan mill I purchased this spring.

Attachments

• wood pile.jpg
    wood pile.jpg
    135.5 KB · Views: 463
Way to knock'em down.......I need to go bowling....lol

Nice, looks like you got some nice BTU's there.

Sweet pile o wood looks very nice

Very nice
Before the snow? :bug: It's April!
It's April it don't snow in April there, does it?
How much snow did you get?

We can still get snow late into april. Last year we got 8" april 15th or there abouts. Today it was switching back and forth between rain/snow since it was 38 degrees today. Great weather for cutting wood because I hate to sweat while working.

Marsh Rat, that was a good 5 hours of work. It should give you some great satisfaction. At least I get that after cutting and seeing what I've done. It is very satisfying.

Snow! I've seen it snow every month of the year. True, I had to go a bit further north (Alaska) to see it snow in August. One of my favorites was last year on RAAM when we were going up to Wolf Creek Pass in Colorado. Just before reaching the summit we ran into heavy snow! I really felt bad for our racer because it had been raining all the way up and the temperature just kept going down. When he stopped at the summit to come in the RV he was shivering bad! But we had him back on the bike in about 15-20 minutes!

WOW! 2 cord in five hours. If I was that fast I'd be selling firewood.

Big trees= lots o wood. Plus i'm still somewhat young :) I just put my head down and give'er hell when it comes to cutting wood. Spring is my busy time of year, too much to do in such a short time. Get plants started in greenhouse, meat chickens show up, rake yard, wood cutting, etc etc. Snowing outside now don't think I will be splitting today.

Attachments

• DSCN0927.jpg
    DSCN0927.jpg
    171.6 KB · Views: 212
bogydave said:
Very nice
Before the snow? :bug: It's April!
It's April it don't snow in April there, does it?
How much snow did you get?

don't know about Wisconsin where the OP is, but over here in the mountains of Montana, we can & do get snow any & every month of the year (& I love it!) That peak in my pic. can turn pure white overnight even in mid-July.

Status
Not open for further replies.