Today's load for next years stash

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chargerman

Feeling the Heat
Oct 22, 2009
SW Wisconsin
With deer hunting coming up this weekend I needed to get what I had cut up out of the woods today. Rather than making multiple trips I hooked the trailer up to the Dodge and got the rest of the walnut picked up. I still have more that needs to be cut up but now I have enough to keep me busy filling some of my woodbunks up. It was a little muddy after the 6" of wet snow we got last week melted. The load was pretty heavy and the old big block grunted a little on the hills.

Attachments

• IMG_20111116_161141 (800x600).jpg
    IMG_20111116_161141 (800x600).jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 622
  • IMG_20111116_161126 (800x600).jpg
    IMG_20111116_161126 (800x600).jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 588
  • IMG_20111116_160300 (800x600).jpg
    IMG_20111116_160300 (800x600).jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 582
Nice work Chargerman. Is that old dodge a 3/4 ton? Thanks for sharing. Cool pics. Okay, no deer hunting until you got that all split up and stacked! :lol: Beer accordingly.

Chargerman said:
With deer hunting coming up this weekend I needed to get what I had cut up out of the woods today. Rather than making multiple trips I hooked the trailer up to the Dodge and got the rest of the walnut picked up. I still have more that needs to be cut up but now I have enough to keep me busy filling some of my woodbunks up. It was a little muddy after the 6" of wet snow we got last week melted. The load was pretty heavy and the old big block grunted a little on the hills.

Chargerman, nice load of walnut. Your truck looks like it has plenty of b lls for that load, how much wood do you usually burn in a heating season?

zap

Great pictures.
"Don't mind the mule, load the wagon"
That's a serious load of wood.
The truck likes to "grunt" every now & then. MPG don't count when hauling a load like that. :)
That'll make a dent on next years supply.
Good job!

Gasifier said:
Nice work Chargerman. Is that old dodge a 3/4 ton? Thanks for sharing. Cool pics. Okay, no deer hunting until you got that all split up and stacked! :lol: Beer accordingly.

Thanks, the Dodge is a 3/4 ton. The leaf springs have been replaced and it is running 4.10 Dana 60's front and rear. Nice thing with the Dodge extended cabs is the frame is stronger than the standard cabs.

zapny said:
Chargerman said:

Chargerman, nice load of walnut. Your truck looks like it has plenty of b lls for that load, how much wood do you usually burn in a heating season?

zap

Usually burn around 4 cord heating 2300 sq.ft.

Very nice load of wood! Looks like some good weather came right in time to load/unload.

Chargerman said:
zapny said:
Chargerman said:

zap

Usually burn around 4 cord heating 2300 sq.ft.

That is what we usually burn too, we heat from the basement.

zap

Boy that load sure looks nice! You can deliver to my home anytime - I could even wait until after deer season. :)

Wood looks good.

Thanks, now I just have to get it unloaded. :-S

Chargerman said:
Thanks, now I just have to get it unloaded. :-S

I figured it was CSS by now :lol:
Gotta be well over a cord there :)

That sure is a nice trailer for hauling more than wood.

Backwoods Savage said:
That sure is a nice trailer for hauling more than wood.

Thanks Backwoods, it works well for 4 wheelers and lawnmowers.

Got this load CSS today while listening to the Packers on the truck radio. Ended up just short of 2 cord.

Nice job the Packers did too! They are rolling!

Chargerman said:

Nice-I'm loving the walnut I grabbed last year-best smelling wood I've burned yet. Nice coals too.

Backwoods Savage said:

My kid brother is a long-time Packers fan . . . needless to say he's pretty excited this year with their record.

firefighterjake said:
Backwoods Savage said:

My kid brother is a long-time Packers fan . . . needless to say he's pretty excited this year with their record.

The defense needs to tighten up on the "big plays" or I can see problems down the road. Special teams has improved from last year though.

Nice haul of wood there, and something really good to haul it with ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.