Todays score.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HJsimpson

Burning Hunk
Apr 17, 2011
NE Indiana
I was stacking the wood in the first pic this morning that i split last weekend when my uncle called. They had a crew come through cutting trees from power lines and wanted to know if i wanted it. It was a quick trip and all i had to do was throw it in the truck. There was some cherry and i believe elm which i took picture of the leaves if someone could help me ID. Most of it is about 30" long so ill cut them in half tonight when it cools off a little.

Attachments

• 2011-05-29_20-18-20_820.jpg
    2011-05-29_20-18-20_820.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 299
  • 2011-06-05_14-22-27_498.jpg
    2011-06-05_14-22-27_498.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 288
  • 2011-06-05_14-27-02_736.jpg
    2011-06-05_14-27-02_736.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 363
Nice score. Hope your planning on single row stacking so you wood can season.Btw what kind of wood did you get?

Thank you.
More cherry and elm i think. I posted a pic of the leaves to help with ID. Most of the stuff i cut doesnt have leaves or bark. The wood from last weekend is mostly mulberry and elm.

Leaves look a lot like American elm . . . if you stroke them do you feel some "hair"?

Sharp looking truck by the way . . . bought a Titan myself this past December.

Great score! Yes, that looks like a leaf from elm.

I was pretty sure it was elm but most of what i cut doesnt have bark or leaves. I really like the Titan and this is my second one. First was 2 wheel drive but got worse gas milage then the 4 wheel drive.
There is about 5 miles of wood along the road but almost all of it is owned by same person and they wont let anyone have it. Kinda of a shame to see it go to waste.

HJ, that is good if you can get the elm with no bark or leaves. That is when it will split better and also burn better.

It is a real shame if someone lets wood go to waste. Perhaps they are one of those types who worry that if someone gets hurt on their property that they will get sued. We have a few neighbors who worry like that and I sort of feel sorry for them. Such a shame to have to feel that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.