Todays Scrounge Results

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CT-Mike

Minister of Fire
Mar 22, 2008
New England
Scrounge.jpg

My wood getter is a '92 F-150 2WD. The rear bumper was sagging pretty low with this load.

the best kind, free! cant tell if its maple???

Nice! Gives a 2wd pickup pretty good traction on the snow and ice too.

I believe it is maple. A friend at work had a couple of trees taken down due to the tops rotting. The tree service took the rotted stuff, and left the usable wood for me. There is about another 1.5 pickup loads to get tomorrow. Pretty big around so I had to noodle the rounds and they were still heavy as hell.

Serious load of BTUs there.
Daytime hauling only, unless you want to check out the tree tops with your headlights:)
Good score

Oh I just loves the free wood......nice load - go get the rest! Cheers!

Seeing that you're in new england, my guess is that you have pieces of a big, knarly Sugar Maple there. Free firewood is the best kind.

Status
Not open for further replies.