todays work...pics updated of wood split

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

steeltowninwv

Minister of Fire
Nov 16, 2010
west virginia
man im tired....i got it all split...but dont have the final pics...all red oak...ash...and white oak

2011-10-10092855.gif

2011-10-10102814.gif

2011-10-10113141.gif

2011-10-10124345.gif

Nice work! looks like you got yourself some deadwood there for sure. I'd bet you could probably burn that this winter. Do you have any MC readings?

Believe it or not the oak was holding a lot of moisture still...ash is dry...ill burn it all next year

Even the saw looks tired in the. 2nd picture LOL Seriously, nice job. That should pump some BTU's down the road.

Those big boys in the upper left of pic 2 still look wet. Good days work.
Split a couple big oak rounds myself today, they were green, sopping wet and great to split. It was actually a pleasure except for the fact that they weigh a ton.
The biggest was 23" long x 20", the one in your pic's look even bigger.
Nice job.

[quote author="steeltowninwv" date="1318302078"]man im tired....i got it all split...but dont have the final pics...all red oak...ash...and white oak

Nice job steeltowninwv, are you getting the rain coming up from Florida yet?

zap

They had been there for 2 years...but were probably down when cut before hauled there...those big boys I couldn't handle...huge ones

Some nice looking rounds thats for sure.

zap

Nope..zap no rain yet but I see its coming.....hope I can go haul a few more loads of this before the rain sits in

this is what i got out of it...all split..now i gotta stack it tommorow

2011-10-14163119.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.