Today's work

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

trailrated

Feeling the Heat
Dec 8, 2009
Maryland
Finished up the last of a big pine I scored. I think I got about a cord and a half from it. The stack in the pic is what I did today, the rest of the tree is in a different stack. I handled the wood 3 times today, lol. Used my carry all box on my tractor and the front end loader to haul it to its resting place for next year.

IMG00109-20100221-1334.jpg

Carry all box

IMG00110-20100221-1438.jpg

IMG00111-20100221-1600.jpg

Nice setup, how do you like burning pine.

zap

zapny said:
Nice setup, how do you like burning pine.

zap

I haven't burned any pine yet. The pine I have been processing will be for next winter. This could probably be burned this year but I'm a little uncomfortable doing it right now. The tree was down for over a year and was red hearted (dead center) but I have just bucked and split it with in the last 6 weeks or so, with the last being today. Next winter I'd be more comfortable burning it since it will be more dry.

Status
Not open for further replies.