Todays Work

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
I started the day by putting the chains on the rhino then headed back in, some areas of the trail have over 15 inches of snow with other parts having only 8 inches of snow.

Attached are some pictures of the two cherry trees I had planned to buck up, we have close to 60 rounds from the two cherry trees. The first three pictures are the first cherry tree and the rest are the second cherry.

The snow bombs came off the trees today which made it a wet day working in the woods.

zap

Attachments

• 100_2248.jpg
    100_2248.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 310
  • 100_2249.jpg
    100_2249.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 273
  • 100_2250.jpg
    100_2250.jpg
    65.3 KB · Views: 274
  • 100_2252.jpg
    100_2252.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 265
  • 100_2253.jpg
    100_2253.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 282
  • 100_2254.jpg
    100_2254.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 275
  • 100_2256.jpg
    100_2256.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 278
  • 100_2257.jpg
    100_2257.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 271
Couple of them pic's look like post cards! Very Nice...........

smokinjay said:
Couple of them pic's look like post cards! Very Nice...........

Thanks Smokin, in the picture of the second cherry up the hill to the right we have a good size beech that is down so come spring I'll be checking it out to see if it is good or punky.

zap

Look like you got your fair share of snow the past few weeks. Nice pics.

SolarAndWood said:
Look like you got your fair share of snow the past few weeks. Nice pics.

Nothing like the 60 + Syracuse received, thanks. After we received 21 inches we lost about 12 of that then the last couple of days we added another 4-6 inches.

zap

May have been 5', but it was powdery instead of the heavy stuff. Couple more days of sun and wind and I should be good to start stacking next year's burn.

Attachments

• 121810 heap.jpg
    121810 heap.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 265
How'd the chains work out for you Zap? Big difference? Cheers!

NH_Wood said:
How'd the chains work out for you Zap? Big difference? Cheers!

NH_Wood the chains make a big difference, areas of the trail that had 15 inches of snow I could go at a snails pace and get through it, without the chains I could get through but the rhino would be working harder and the tires would be spinning.

I went up on one hill that I would never try in the winter yesterday with the chains on.

zap

After using the chains, did you figure out why they don't recommend them on the front? Maybe they are worried about someone tearing around on dry pavement with them? I can't see any downside at slow speeds in the snow.

SolarAndWood said:
After using the chains, did you figure out why they don't recommend them on the front? Maybe they are worried about someone tearing around on dry pavement with them? I can't see any downside at slow speeds in the snow.

SolarAndWood on Monday I'll call the guy and see what the reasoning is.

zap

Zap, that tree across the lane looks strangely familiar. Seems that keeping the paths and lanes open is almost a full time job sometimes.

Backwoods Savage said:
Zap, that tree across the lane looks strangely familiar. Seems that keeping the paths and lanes open is almost a full time job sometimes.

Sav, always seems to be one. The last tree pictured across the lane is near the end of our property line, I always turn around before that so I'm not sure how long it's been down.

zap

Status
Not open for further replies.