Trail Clearing this Summer/Fall

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
I never did get this started last year so after doing some cutting this spring I clear the trail from the top down, once you get towards the bottom the trail forks with the worst of the blow down on the right when coming from the top.

The first picture is coming from the top and the second picture will be one of the entrances from the bottom.

Zap

Attachments

• 100_0578.jpg
    100_0578.jpg
    150.8 KB · Views: 294
  • 100_0406.jpg
    100_0406.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 297
Looks like it might turn into a creekbed in the spring or after a good rain?

That actually is not the best spot for a trail because it is in a natural water run off area. Once you get a track, the water just might make that track much deeper!

Spliter we should get some wood but down at the bottom is mostly basswood. Solar and Sav I'll clean up the bottom in the spring and watch and see how much run off it actually gets. That side is gravel and sand.

Zap

Status
Not open for further replies.