Trailer repair central Michigan ?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Pallet Pete

Does any one know off or do trailer axle sales and repair in Central MI ? My bearings keep going bad and today I was told by a reputable dealer the axle was bent which explains a lot ! I would like some price comparisons.

Pete

Trailer axles aren't super expensive or hard to swap. What axle do you need?

How about that place north of St Johns on 127? Beck's, I think?

Jeff the axles are torsion 2000 lb. I would like to stick with torsion axles and not use spring. I don't like springs they bounce all over the place when your empty. I just looked Beck's up they are about 25 minutes from me funny I forgot all about them.

Thanks
Pete

Does any one know off or do trailer axle sales and repair in Central MI ? My bearings keep going bad and today I was told by a reputable dealer the axle was bent which explains a lot ! I would like some price comparisons.

Pete

Tried google'ing it?
online yellow pages.?

Yes I did but I am more interested in personal recommendations from people in the area than google results. I was able to read some reviews online too though. The trailer was a major investment for us and the last thing I want is to get a bad repair / dealer shop. For some reason Beck's doesn't show up for me when I google trailer repair and sales !

Pete

Strangely enough when I think of Beck's that huge hubcap place across the road from them pops in my head.

Pete

Yes I did but I am more interested in personal recommendations from people in the area than google results. I was able to read some reviews online too though. The trailer was a major investment for us and the last thing I want is to get a bad repair / dealer shop. For some reason Beck's doesn't show up for me when I google trailer repair and sales !

Pete

Bring it over here some weekend, & we'll run it up the hoist & swap axles. I can get them locally here too Pete. A C

Bring it over here some weekend, & we'll run it up the hoist & swap axles. I can get them locally here too Pete. A C

I love that Idea only problem is I cant pull it the wheel is just setting on the axle without any bearings. I put it up on stands took the wheel off and instead of unbolting the wheel it literally fell off in my hands with the hub still attached !!!. The trailer shop owner stopped by to look at it on his way into town. I have the room to unbolt and remove the existing axle in my garage but I dont know if I can buy one to replace it exactly. Thanks AC if I can figure out how to get it there I would love to do that.

Pete

Where do you get the Axles from AC I was told 140 + 60 hour labor but they would not tell me how many hours. I figured for that I would do it !

Pete

Check with Croft trailer (they have a website) or Redneck trailer

Usually Ritchfield trailer supply in Grand Rapids, $ 140.00 is not a bad price on a torsion axle. Can't imagine more than 2 hrs. to swap axles, if they're complete units with the hubs & brakes already on them not more than an hour @ most. A C

Pete, you might also check the guy in Elsie. I've not done business there but have heard good things about them.

Status
Not open for further replies.