Tree I.D.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thewoodlands

Minister of Fire
Aug 25, 2009
In The Woods
Looks like I took this picture last year but never grabbed this, bark looks like Sugar Maple, what do you think?

Zap

Attachments

• 100_0483.jpg
    100_0483.jpg
    162.9 KB · Views: 457
Hey Zap it is hard to tell but it could be oak.. Any leaves you can identify nearby? Cut and split a piece so we can better identify that beast..

Ray

Hard(sugar) Maple

raybonz said:
Hey Zap it is hard to tell but it could be oak.. Any leaves you can identify nearby? Cut and split a piece so we can better identify that beast..

Ray

Ray once we lose this white stuff, I'll buck this up then split it so we can tell what it is.

Zap

TreePointer said:
Hard to tell, but bark looks like elm. Twigs with buds would confirm the species.

TreePointer, I'm not sure if we have any Elm but once the leaves come out I'll find out.

Zap

nrford said:
Hard(sugar) Maple

nrford, I think you have it correct and once I buck it up and split it I'll put a pic up.

Zap

Well then Zap, let's get rid of this white stuff. Maybe we can both get back to work.

Backwoods Savage said:
Well then Zap, let's get rid of this white stuff. Maybe we can both get back to work.

I'm with you on that. Another 3-5 inches of snow then some freezing rain which turns back over to rain coming in tonight but that strong March sun will take care of this.

Zap

EatenByLimestone said:
A good amount of that white stuff relocated to my basement last nught.

Matt

I'd rather have the snow Matt, I hope it wasn't real bad. We did get plenty of rain but not as much has forecast.

Zap

It's happened before. We keep everything off the floor. The worst is all the soda bottles that we hadn't brought back to the store for our nickel yet. They floated all over the place. :lol:

Matt

Soda bottles, right... :roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.