Tree Service

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deron

Nov 3, 2009
Northern Kentucky
Is bringing me a cord tomorrow for $120 for a dump truck full.

Bought from them last year and thought for the price it would be green and or crap wood,
but I was pleasantly surprised to see a great mix of hardwoods, mostly cherry and maple
but with some oak, birch, hickory, apple etc, as well. When I stacked it out it came out to way
over a cord and every bit of it was cut to 16" or less, I didn't have to split a thing.

Now it probably was not all split and seasoned for an entire year, but it was all definitely on
the good side of dry and you could tell half of it had been cut and split for 6 - 8 months,
and some of it you could tell was definitely a year or more and was good and gray.

Can't beat the price. I'm hoping for a clone of what I got last year. : )

Good luck, my friend. Will you check it b/f he drops it, or are you going to take it anyway? Let us know how you make out. ;-P

I'm sure to take a look, hoping to see a nice score.

I'll take pics and post it deal or no deal.

Everyone complains about being "Shorted" on cord deliveries. Did you call the guy that sold you the wood and offer to pay more for the Over cord?

2010-10-23_09-32-03_695.gif

Not quite the score I got last year...I stacked and measured it at 105 sq ft. For $120 I'm good. :)

Quite a mix of hardwood, mostly walnut and hickory with a little ash, elm and a sprinkling of apple and a few pieces of osage.
Most of it very well seasoned

105 SQUARE feet can be about a cord if you are measuring the face only. if they are 16" on average then 105ft^2 x 1.33ft = 139cubic feet. a little more than a cord.

Unless it was just a typo and you meant 105 cubic feet.

$120 all split and delivered is a good price either way. (at least around here it is)

Danno77 said:
105 SQUARE feet can be about a cord if you are measuring the face only. if they are 16" on average then 105ft^2 x 1.33ft = 139cubic feet. a little more than a cord.

Unless it was just a typo and you meant 105 cubic feet.

$120 all split and delivered is a good price either way. (at least around here it is)

Yep, I got my measurements mixed up.

I wound up with one 8' x 5' and another stack 8' x 5' 5" stack. I just measured x 1.3, but you're right it should be 1.33.

That brings the tally to a tad under 112 cubic feet. I did have to cut about a dozen or so pieces in half but it's all good.

Status
Not open for further replies.