Tree Splitter

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonder what the rating (in tons) on that bad boy is? I bet it could double as a rock splitter.

Monster!!!

A 47" stroke would not be as good though. How many would split wood that long?

That is a whole lot of motor for not that big of a cylinder.

SolarAndWood said:
That is a whole lot of motor for not that big of a cylinder.

Solar hows the weather your way, getting dumped on real good this morning with winds possibly up to 50 mph today.

zap

I was headed out to pick the peas and beans about a half hour ago and the sky opened up on me.

I think this guy is selling it because that motor probably burns about 2 gallons per cord. Those Wisconsin motors will run forever. But 4 cyl. on a splitter that size is crazy! That motor is used in a 50ft boom lift to power the 4 wheel hydraulic drive, lift cyl, and the rest of the hydraulics. To use it for just one 47" cyl. is over-kill and expensive at todays fuel prices.
just my .02

Status
Not open for further replies.