Treecycle in Breckwell P22 (frist time burner)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

joker3092

Aug 18, 2010
Albrightsville, PA
Recently bought a used breckwell p22. Debating on which type of pellets to use (obviously premium) Here in NE PA we have a brand called treecycle 190 a ton sounds like a steal but was wondering if anyone has ever used these pellets in a breckwell.??? If not where should i consider looking for pellets (first time burning this winter) TSC has their pellets for 214 a ton and lowes is about 5.97 a bag right now. any advice????

Although I have Treecycles on hand, I would go with the TSC Hardwood Heat's.....if that's what they are carrying.......What does Lowes have?

Read this thread on TreeCycle: https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/47828/

Although there seem to have been complaints in the first batches of TC pellets I still went and took a chance with 3 tons. As you read through that thread you will see that the results of the newer pellets seem to have gotten better, but if you have them available real close to you I guess you should try a few bags. Just check the date on the bag.

Good luck with your choice

What brand(s) did TSC have in stock?

As slvrblkk mentioned above, if the TSC has the Hardwood Heat brand in stock, I'd go with them. They are made by Hamers, who make one of the better brands of pellets on the market (Hamer's Hot Ones). The hardwood Heat is Hamers pellets re-bagged under a private label for TSC.

That price would have me buying as many as I could afford/store. The Treecycle had start-up "issues" last winter, and I'm not convinced yet that they have the problems ironed out.

As a pellet "newbie", you don't need to be worrying if the stove is running poorly, or it's the pellets.

Using Treecycle has the potential to ruin your whole pellet burning experience...... I would wait until next season to see what happens with that brand...... A little more money for a better brand will make you happier in the end.....

Status
Not open for further replies.